Dual Exhaust Systems for JL Rubi

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
Not sure who is expecting V8 sound out of their V6, but that doesn't mean all of our V6 Wranglers need to sound like Honda Civics and weed eaters.
Well if you can show me one decent V6 drive by then I’m in! What kind of sound are you looking for in particular? By far the new flow master sounds the best at idle, but I will bet ya it will make your ears bleed after awhile.
Sponsored

liquidcowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Well if you can show me one decent V6 drive by then I’m in! What kind of sound are you looking for in particular? By far the new flow master sounds the best at idle, but I will bet ya it will make your ears bleed after awhile.
I like the Flowmaster Outlaw, but I will be going with the new Gibson axle-back exhaust. I think it sounds the best at idle as well as driving and does not seem to be very droney at all.

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
I like the Flowmaster Outlaw, but I will be going with the new Gibson axle-back exhaust. I think it sounds the best at idle as well as driving and does not seem to be very droney at all.
I would love to hear some drive by videos, are there any available? Gibson is a quality product.

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
This is the single outlet version, but the dual version sounds the same.

Honestly, if it were a little quieter it wouldn’t be that bad. As far as single exhaust goes we have had many V8 conversions done at Petty’s garage and they mostly use the AEV kits (which is more or less factory dodge parts) those are single exit exhaust that tuck way up under the truck so you really don’t see the tailpipe unless you look for it and it sounds awesome! Granted once again it’s a V8 but still sounds great for a single tailpipe. The duals I think are more for looks and I actually do prefer two pipes over one.

Sponsored

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
What is the make and where did you purchase it?
This is Borlas axel back exhaust, with S-type sound. Borla is now a sponsor, I believe they made a thread, you may find more info there.

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Heres some more videos to help you guys get a better picture. Each video is about 20-40 seconds from a cold start to 2-3 minutes in.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I have always been a fan of MBRP but I don’t think they have anything out for the JL yet.

Sponsored

namodei

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I was thinking of getting the same thing. I don' want the drone or the raspy sound. The gibson sound clip seems to be a pretty nice sound. Let me know if you get it and how it sounds. It will be a bit before I get mine!

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Just saw this pop up not sure if anyone is familiar with this brand or not.

56B725B0-11BF-41F0-99AA-4935D20B948A.png

Tavox

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Anyone place an order for a Gibson Metal Mulisha one yet?
Curious how it compares..
Sponsored