Sponsored

Dual Exhaust Systems for JL Rubi

techieanalyst

First Name
EC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon (Only missing Proxy) / 2019 Ram 1500 Limited 6.4" Box w/eTorque
Occupation
Engineer
Any thoughts or opinions on the Gibson axle back system?
Friends with them and they love them. I think it all comes to a sound people like. Example on my f150 the Borla Atak sounds amazing to me, my 2017 Jeep has a magnaflow because I found it was the best sound to me.

Base it on the sounds and quality, not just a name. What I know of magnaflow is their kits usually almost fit like a glove, usually old off and new on in a reasonable time etc and they use quality components. But like Borla, they use a different grade stainless steel but I hate the sound on the 3.6 but love it on my 5.0, magnaflow I like the deeper sound for the Jeep, I’m driving a Jeep not a sports car.

Gibson makes great systems but as I said don’t lock into a name, nothing is more disappointing than someone spending 1000-1500 and hating the sound of the exhaust, research it ;) find your own.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I've used/use the FLOWMASTER 10 SERIES/Outlaw mufflers--

I use em on my 3.8l v6/4l v6 and 5.7L hemi--DYNOMITE !

If you don't like EXHAUSE SOUND--DON'T GETEM-

JIMBO

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
I switched to the full catback dual exhaust system in Black by Magnaflow.

I also bought an AFE Magnum Force Stage 2 XP Pro 5r Intake and a Silver Bullet throttle body spacer.

Everything should be in by mid to late April. I’ll post pics and video after they’re installed.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
Excuse my ignorance on this subject, but do these add a noticeable boost in performance?
From what I’ve been reading, there are marginal improvements to low and high end torque and fuel efficiency.

I’m doing this mostly for the sound and looks. And because it’s fricken’ fun to research products and customize a Jeep.

liquidcowboy

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
From what I’ve been reading, there are marginal improvements to low and high end torque and fuel efficiency.

I’m doing this mostly for the sound and looks. And because it’s fricken’ fun to research products and customize a Jeep.
I like that!

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Excuse my ignorance on this subject, but do these add a noticeable boost in performance?
No performance boost by doing this alone, like some have said they do it for sound and some do it to tuck up the exhaust better for more clearance when wheeling

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
No performance boost by doing this alone, like some have said they do it for sound and some do it to tuck up the exhaust better for more clearance when wheeling
No performance boost from a complete intake and exhaust upgrade? This usually increases performance in other vehicles, why not with a Jeep?

Sponsored

bodam

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Only increases power with a tune

drogers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250
No performance boost from a complete intake and exhaust upgrade? This usually increases performance in other vehicles, why not with a Jeep?
A cat-back or axle-back exhaust is definately *not* a 'complete intake and exhaust upgrade'. All we're talking about here are simple changes to sound and clearance.

OP
OP
Dreadnought_Leviathan

Dreadnought_Leviathan

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Finance
Vehicle Showcase
A cat-back or axle-back exhaust is definately *not* a 'complete intake and exhaust upgrade'. All we're talking about here are simple changes to sound and clearance.
I’m also installing a new intake as well.

isueyou

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I just got my car back from Borla. They put an axle back on it. It looks so clean, and sounds amazing.

They’re also looking for feedback on which tip the community likes better. The bigger (top) or smaller (bottom) one on the split picture.

8F5805E6-3CF4-46FE-842E-43C54539F70E.jpeg

444A3B13-EAC6-4ABA-B879-4FEAD2900FDB.jpeg
Sponsored