Sponsored

Pulled over by State Trooper! LEDs too bright?

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
When people complain about lights being too bright even in a rental car they complain that I was in I let them read my lip saying can't your effing windows. I don't have people do it I had a rental car before like most in the windows aren't 10 and it was hot as hell and at night time all the lights are just shining in bright I don't know how people don't get tint windows especially on new cars That's why most dealers are doing it now making people pay for it. Or they buy a car it's already 10 from the factory but the two driver windows aren't and then they complain about your headlights being too bright I can't drive without tent windows I've been driving for 46 years I've never drove a car with that I owned without tender windows I started tinting my windows a day I was 16
Predictive text is hilarious

Mocopo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLURXR
Build Thread
Link
When people complain about lights being too bright even in a rental car they complain that I was in I let them read my lip saying can't your effing windows. I don't have people do it I had a rental car before like most in the windows aren't 10 and it was hot as hell and at night time all the lights are just shining in bright I don't know how people don't get tint windows especially on new cars That's why most dealers are doing it now making people pay for it. Or they buy a car it's already 10 from the factory but the two driver windows aren't and then they complain about your headlights being too bright I can't drive without tent windows I've been driving for 46 years I've never drove a car with that I owned without tender windows I started tinting my windows a day I was 16
wow i needed this after a long day...

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I live in DC and find that VA, particularly Northern VA, is generally over-policed. Not surprised.
Knowing about the rep that Northern VA has, from my own observations and particularly from relatives of mine who live or work there, I was careful to figuratively tip toe through that region when returning from a moto-camping trip this past June.

I broke camp and departed the State Park at the ass crack of dawn, and set my cruise control to the posted limit on that stretch of highway where strict adherence to said limit was most likely to protect me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pulled over by State Trooper! LEDs too bright? Home 26th June 2022

As a Brit, now a U.S. citizen living in the desert southwest, I have never ever been served warm beer in the UK. Why do people perpetuate this nonsense?
It's a holdover from the days when Lucas-encumbered imports (MGs, etc.) invited such comparisons.

"Why do the English drink warm beer? Because their refrigerators have Lucas electrics."

As someone who was stationed in the UK for several years, and owned several MGBs after returning stateside, I have a bit of empathy for the enduring, if not entirely accurate, stereotype of warm beer, etc. It's not entirely unearned.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
In defense for our good buddy Jeff, aka Jammer, I present security cam footage from his local Quik Mart approx 20 minutes before the above post...
Jeep Wrangler JL Pulled over by State Trooper! LEDs too bright? tenor (10)

Sponsored

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Knowing about the rep that Northern VA has, from my own observations and particularly from relatives of mine who live or work there, I was careful to figuratively tip toe through that region when returning from a moto-camping trip this past June.

I broke camp and departed the State Park at the ass crack of dawn, and set my cruise control to the posted limit on that stretch of highway where strict adherence to said limit was most likely to protect me.

Jeep Wrangler JL Pulled over by State Trooper! LEDs too bright? tenor (10)

It's a holdover from the days when Lucas-encumbered imports (MGs, etc.) invited such comparisons.

"Why do the English drink warm beer? Because their refrigerators have Lucas electrics."

As someone who was stationed in the UK for several years, and owned several MGBs after returning stateside, I have a bit of empathy for the enduring, if not entirely accurate, stereotype of warm beer, etc. It's not entirely unearned.
What is that Moto and side car ??

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

WXman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Maybe it needs to be reiterated again. From the factory, every 2018+ Jeep I've had needed headlight adjustment. They are WAY high from the assembly line.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Maybe it needs to be reiterated again. From the factory, every 2018+ Jeep I've had needed headlight adjustment. They are WAY high from the assembly line.
Based on your sig line data, that would seem to be a grand total of two vehicles. 🤔

Sponsored

AMT

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T
Click for bike
Click for trip deets
I've wanted a Ural ever since I saw "Indiana Jones And The Last Crusade" when I was about 6. Before my first inkling of wanting a Jeep. Always envious of your posts that show you traveling with both; so very awesome.

Cool link between the two I just realized:

Jeep Wrangler JL Pulled over by State Trooper! LEDs too bright? 1669759293914

Bluesharp

First Name
Bluesharp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara diesel , 1966 MGB
Occupation
Prison dentist...no, seriously 😷 RETIRED!!!
X-Treme said:
As a Brit, now a U.S. citizen living in the desert southwest, I have never ever been served warm beer in the UK. Why do people perpetuate this nonsense?

Soooo....since I replaced the sealed beam headlights in my MGB with LED's, can I have a cold one?

Jshouse1

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Unlimited Sahara
X-Treme said:

Soooo....since I replaced the sealed beam headlights in my MGB with LED's, can I have a cold one?
Really? I am almost positive it was my step father that told me when he was stationed in Germany that a warm beer was common... anyone else heard of this? I mean I never saw the man drink a beer... a little crown yes, but never a 🍺....

I took it to mean warm as in room temp. I've been known to drink room temp 🍻 from time to time... usually when the store was out of what I wanted cold.

Bluesharp

First Name
Bluesharp
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara diesel , 1966 MGB
Occupation
Prison dentist...no, seriously 😷 RETIRED!!!
Really? I am almost positive it was my step father that told me when he was stationed in Germany that a warm beer was common... anyone else heard of this? I mean I never saw the man drink a beer... a little crown yes, but never a 🍺....

I took it to mean warm as in room temp. I've been known to drink room temp 🍻 from time to time... usually when the store was out of what I wanted cold.
I believe this comes from the prevalence of "cask conditioned " ales. These kegs are kept in the basement, and are pumped up with a hand pump, not by use of CO2. So the cask ales are served at "cellar temperature " and only the carbonation from what's in the keg. They really do have a different flavor and temperament. It's probably more an acquired taste. Most rural English pubs have one or two cask conditioned ales in addition to the standard fare.

Lucas electrics also get an undeserved bad rap. By far the majority of problems can be traced to either a bad ground, or corrosion in the bullet connectors. I've owned several English cars- the only one that ever had electric gremlins was the newer Jag. On the older ones, , once the 50+ year old connectors are connectors cleaned and a bit of dielectric grease mine have been completely reliable. The oil leaks on the other hand....
Sponsored