Sponsored

PSC and Smog Monitors

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
Root cause was found loose wire are the ECU plug, pretty sure it happened when I was installing the PSC steering box you have to wiggle around the ECU and windshield washer bottle, may have knocked the wire loose when

This is a long shot but but I am grasping at straws solving this issue, and want to see if others running the PSC steering kit are noticing the same issues. If anyones has replaced your electric steering pump with a PSC one and have access to a OBDII scanner that can read emission monitor readiness states just let me know if they are good or not that would be super helpful.

The Jeep:
2018 JLUR manual 3.6L, 35" tire, 2.5" lift, winch, bumpers, PSC steering box and pump (no ram), LED tail lights, never had check engine lights

The issue:
Went in for my annual state vehicle inspection which includes plugging their computer into the OBDII port and looking at the different emission monitor states. The Jeep is stuck in a not ready state because the EGR monitor and O2 Monitors are not running, I have about 1000 miles put on since the last DTC clear event according to the compute, which was when I removed the battery for the PSC kit install.

The Jeep has never had this issue before (4th inspection ever) and the only change between last years and this years is the PSC kit being installed and the tail lights. I do run with a tazer installed and I removed its after the failure to see if that clears it and it does not. I have also taken to the dealership to have it checked out, all sensors and parts are in good working order and they reflashed the computer but monitors are still stuck not running.

I know these systems are unrelated, but the fact that the Jeep runs fine and all the sensors are happy leads me to believe there is a issue with the logic inside the monitor code that maybe looking to see a status from the electric steering pump for god knows what reason.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Holy crap, if it turns out that shutting off the electric pump causes readiness problems, then ZAuto needs to do some software changes ASAP.

OP
OP

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
I do not want this thread to imply that the problem that I am seeing is because of the PSC pump swap but more to see if others are having the same issue
Sponsored