Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
  • Banned
We’ve found and reported to some of the companies we work with of some differences we have found. If you have the factory front camera option, the rear camera housing is different. This comes to play with an aftermarket tire carrier or spare tire delete. The standard and “common” camera is secured with 3 t8 screws. The camera that is included with the front camera package doesn’t have that mounting option. Folks are working on work arounds but just wanted to give anyone a heads up that has theses mods on the horizons

brett
Sponsored

OP
OP
rustyshakelford

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
  • Banned
Brett have you added the OEM front trail camera to vehicles that didn’t come equipped with it from the factory?
from all the investigating ive done, the best option is the one from z automotive. The resolution isn’t very good but it’s better than nothing. My buddy with FCA says in a round about way it’s not possible to add the current camera to the older infotainment centers. I would think it would've been an easy plug and play but it doesn’t seem that’s the case

brett

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully, the oem unit becomes an option for the previous model years. A simple image is nice, but those oem dynamic ghost tire treads are what caught my attention. It's like a built in spotter for solo missions, where ones line is more critical.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
Hopefully, the oem unit becomes an option for the previous model years. A simple image is nice, but those oem dynamic ghost tire treads are what caught my attention. It's like a built in spotter for solo missions, where ones line is more critical.
I think that's a nice feature of the factory camera, but is it that accurate as far as actual tire tracking?

Sponsored

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I think that's a nice feature of the factory camera, but is it that accurate as far as actual tire tracking?
As Wilhelm's clip shows, it's the next best thing to an actual spotter.

One thing that I have noticed, though, is any shift of the cameras location will hamper the accuracy of the dynamic lines. 4.25" of additional suspension lift and 38's, coupled with the Cavfab spare carrier set to the highest position, has thrown my reverse camera lines way off.

Ruby Clatterbox

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 dr. Willy's
I really wish the Tazer camera had this. Since it's not the camera but the software that generates the lines, I would think there would be a way to reprogram the system to add them to an aftermarket camera system. But, I'll be the first to admit, this crap is way above me.

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I really wish the Tazer camera had this. Since it's not the camera but the software that generates the lines, I would think there would be a way to reprogram the system to add them to an aftermarket camera system. But, I'll be the first to admit, this crap is way above me.
Can always post here for a feature request.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.