Sponsored

Proximity Switch Install, non-op. using Tazer Mini

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
I ordered the proximity switch kit for my 2020 JLUD. It has key fob unlock but it is a pain dealing with the key fob. I installed it, ran the new wiring and plugged it into the new door handles. Using the Tazer Mini, I activated the Proximity system. It is checked in the dash radio panel which I believe means it should be set up and working. It doesn't function. I contacted Z-Automotive, maker of the Tazer. I was asked if I installed the boxes next to the handles; what boxes? I wrote back and asked "what boxes?" Now I get nothing but silence. I only need the Tazer for the proximity on my door handles...but it doesn't work. Are there boxes I was supposed to install next to my handles? What's with Z-Automotive's non response? Might someone be able to help?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I ordered the proximity switch kit for my 2020 JLUD. It has key fob unlock but it is a pain dealing with the key fob. I installed it, ran the new wiring and plugged it into the new door handles. Using the Tazer Mini, I activated the Proximity system. It is checked in the dash radio panel which I believe means it should be set up and working. It doesn't function. I contacted Z-Automotive, maker of the Tazer. I was asked if I installed the boxes next to the handles; what boxes? I wrote back and asked "what boxes?" Now I get nothing but silence. I only need the Tazer for the proximity on my door handles...but it doesn't work. Are there boxes I was supposed to install next to my handles? What's with Z-Automotive's non response? Might someone be able to help?
@LeodaJeep

Why would you think ZAutomotive should troubleshoot your Proximity system install.

All the Tazer JL does.... is expected to do is activate proximity and no more.

Since the Tazer JL is known to have no issues with the turn on of proximity, then it seems you have a Proximity system install issue since proximity is not working once activated... this install issue is not an issue that ZAutomotive should be wasting time on lets say..... it is not their problem.

OP
OP

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
@LeodaJeep

Why would you think ZAutomotive should troubleshoot your Proximity system install.

All the Tazer JL does.... is expected to do is activate proximity and no more.

Since the Tazer JL is known to have no issues with the turn on of proximity, then it seems you have a Proximity system install issue since proximity is not working once activated... this install issue is not an issue that ZAutomotive should be wasting time on lets say..... it is not their problem.
Well, this is my 2nd Tazer. The first one seems to have shorted a number of systems on my JL. The dealer had my Jeep for 6 days and replaced everything from the PCM, battery system, and others. As soon as I installed my 1st Tazer, all kinds of systems went out; 3 pages of checks and repairs on the R.O. Thanks for your opinion.
Sponsored