Sponsored

Tazer mini question

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I got a Tazer mini as I am about to upgrade my tires from 33 to 35. I'll probably adjust the tire pressure alarm setting as well.

My understanding is that if this is all you do, you do not need to leave the device plugged in. Once I get the changes to register on the Jeep, do I simply unplug it?
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My understanding is that if this is all you do, you do not need to leave the device plugged in. Once I get the changes to register on the Jeep, do I simply unplug it?
Correct. If you feel that you do not need any of the live features, then you can simply unplug the device and re-connect the cables for the security module. However, I suggest since you paid for a Tazer that you consider using the live features. For example, without the device connected, you cannot disable ESS/Auto Stop-Start.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

that is correct unplug when done by exiting the menu and saving. then remove tazer

OP
OP

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Correct. If you feel that you do not need any of the live features, then you can simply unplug the device and re-connect the cables for the security module. However, I suggest since you paid for a Tazer that you consider using the live features. For example, without the device connected, you cannot disable ESS/Auto Stop-Start.
Thanks. Mine is a 392 so no auto stop/start. I may play around with the 2WD mode though :)

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks. Mine is a 392 so no auto stop/start. I may play around with the 2WD mode though :)
Ah, I would have known that if I checked your info. :)

Either way, consider the Tazer for its other features. You spent good money on it, so may as well use as many features as possible.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
OP: that is correct.

However, you will have to play with the actual tire dimensions to get your speedo spot-on.

For instance, my 35-inch tires measure 34.5-inches from the ground to the top of the tire. However, I ended up setting the tire size on the Jeep at 33.75 inches to get an accurate speedo reading.

JustinB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Ninja 650R, Jeep 392, Yamaha TTR230
Hello, I wouldn't play with that 2 wheel drive too much. Yes, definitely get on it once or twice just to see a Wrangler roast the tires, an event seldom ever seen on a Wrangler, but after that I'd keep it in 4 Auto. It's simply too much torque to put on the rear end alone. Something will eventually snap. Additionally, the 392 launches much faster in 4 Auto. Again, a cool event to witness but hell on your differential and other power transferring mechanical parts.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-392-upgrades.74020/page-2#post-1609506

OP
OP

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
Hello, I wouldn't play with that 2 wheel drive too much. Yes, definitely get on it once or twice just to see a Wrangler roast the tires, an event seldom ever seen on a Wrangler, but after that I'd keep it in 4 Auto. It's simply too much torque to put on the rear end alone. Something will eventually snap. Additionally, the 392 launches much faster in 4 Auto. Again, a cool event to witness but hell on your differential and other power transferring mechanical parts.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jeep-392-upgrades.74020/page-2#post-1609506
I was thinking the same thing. Perhaps it's better if I disconnect it after all then.
Sponsored