Proper Jeep Wave

Cat Ebeling

First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport JL Unlimited
In my TJ, I believed in the hierarchy..... JL must wave first to JK, JK to TJ, TJ to YJ, YJ to CJ. I heard that a long time ago as a Jeep club 'respect the elder and those without creature comforts' deal.

Now, I just wave to some JL, most JK, all TJ and below. Live in a mountainous area - many mall crawlers. So I don't wave to most newest Jeeps bc I noticed they never look nor return.
Same here--The college kids driving around in their fancy Rubicons never wave. When I'm driving up or down the mountain, there are a lot of serious Jeepers to wave at. I don't do the hierarchy, just wave at the cool Jeeps.
Sponsored

Spartan99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUX
I don’t wave anymore. 20 years ago it was different but today every other vehicle on the road is a Wrangler so it’s just not the same. I’d rather pay attention to the road. In the past a wrangler could grab your attention because they were somewhat unique but they’re so ubiquitous now. Might as well just wave at every car you see because the chances are it’ll be a jeep.

captainkoz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Altitude
Same here brother..Post made me laugh!

Ill give the 2 finger wave, unless you are driving a YJ, then you get a thumbs up for Jeeping it Old School...👍
Dont have the cycle, but am a boater, so Im used to the wave..

Deleted member 59498

Totally off topic but when I first bought a motorcycle (total noob) I was riding the freeway at about 75 mph and some guys waved at me on the other side, what I didn't notice was they put thier wave down towards their leg. I put mine up like a clown and about ripped my arm off when the wind caught it! LOL lesson learned!

Sponsored

agpthng

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU
To me a wave is a wave! I'm a full hand wave either out the window, out of the open roof or with the doors off down low. But a wave is a wave.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
If only Joe had put as much thought into the Afghanistan withdrawal as you have this wave.
Bush Jr's fault we were there to begin with.
The private contractors made a bundle.
Soldiers paid in blood.

kej

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I live in Colorado and there are a lot of Jeeps. The college kids don't wave but, when I drive up in the mountains, (where I live) I get a lot of Jeep waves. Mostly the two fingers or four fingers on the steering wheel, but sometimes the hand out the window or the top. It always makes me smile and I always wave back! BTW, I was traveling last week and rented a small Buick SUV. I think I waved a couple of jeeps and I'm sure they were like, "WTH is that lady waving at me for?"
This is absolutely true. I split time between the SF Bay Area and Tahoe. There are probably more Jeeps in the Bay Area, most of which are driven by high schooler's driving their parents' Jeep. Very few of them wave, especially to an old man.

I've also found I get many more waves in my 14yr old well loved JK than my brand new JLUR. Jeepers lover the broken in look.

jeep roof.jpg

JLUR.jpg
Sponsored