First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I just used an exhaust spring removal tool and was able to pull them right out. It took a pretty good tug and I waited until they were put on the hinges so it was easy to hold the door solid. They're only about $15 on Amazon.
Sponsored

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
484D2582-BC1B-4E62-8D89-53ECFECBEEC5.jpeg
When I had that problem, I was able to put a screwdriver through the end, like in the picture. I grabbed the screwdriver on both sides and pulled it right out.

Jglenn500

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 jeep wrangler Rubicon Recon
I took the doors off today for the first time, and of course, I scratched one of them. So pissed!
My problem is now that I'm trying to put the doors back on, the hinge that connects the door to the frame has sunk into the door and I can't get it back out. I've tried pulling on it and prying with a screwdriver. Anyone had this problem or know what to do?

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg
I've been reading along, my problem is when I store the doors on a wall hanger the doors
@mvtiger03 ... Actually, what you are seeing is as per design. Yes, you are having an issue but again, by design and nothing is broken.

The item you are having trouble with is called the check strap/door check. If someone does not want their JLU/JL doors to be checked when they are on, they can unbolt and push the door check back into the cavity as you accidentally did. They can unbolt the door check, push it into the cavity and leave it there indefinitely if they want to.

Anyway, read at this thread and you will learn how to get that check strap/door check back out of the cavity and bolted back up. It will be a little bit of a project for you.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/first-jl-problem-door-limiting-bolt.4057/#post-77988

Sorry you scratched your JLU.
The door checks hit each other when stored on the wall rack if they're not pushed in. Then it's really hard getting them back out to be put back on. Any suggestions?

Neanderthalman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I've been reading along, my problem is when I store the doors on a wall hanger the doors

The door checks hit each other when stored on the wall rack if they're not pushed in. Then it's really hard getting them back out to be put back on. Any suggestions?
Push them all the way in and never put them back on.

Rubi-Zero

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon , Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase

Maybe try hanging them with the door checks on the outside when you hang them on the wall next to each other

Sponsored

ThatKidCasey

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon
Locked a gun cable lock through the check and just pulled.. worked like a charm and more importantly found a use for this cable lock :CWL:

Silver00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Wrangler JLU Rubicon Diesel
Looked for this thread just to make sure it was okay to apply more force when pulling them out. 😂

Just grab some channel locks and a short 2x4, grip the stop with the channel locks, wedge the 2x4 between the channel locks and the door, and lever it out.

migrace

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door JL Rubi
Just happened to me and I thought I broke it… Thanks to this post, I fixed it. My helpful hint is that the bolts for the hard top work great to attach the hinge to pull it out. Same thread, but a little longer. Also if you get in the Jeep, vs. trying to get it in with door against you sucking in your belly (my situation, not necessarily yours), it’s a lot easier! THANKS FORUM!!!!
Sponsored