Sponsored

Price increase 9/28

Zeno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
With sold order protection, you are locked in at what you agreed to. If someone put an order in tuesday, they wouldn't be affected by the increase on wednesday. I only feel bad about the people who got quotes on Tuesday and were wanting to order the day of the increase. I'm not sure who told you the price increased, but that sounds like a shady practice. I've only ever had that when Jeep had to switched Etorque engines earlier this year. Plus, the vehicle doesn't even get invoiced until it is released from the factory.
And this goes by when the order was submitted, not confirmed, right? My order was submitted on Monday and the dealer contacted me this morning saying they finally got confirmation. Still waiting on VON but I'm hoping this means I avoided the price increase.
Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Looks like the Jeep I ordered went up $850 on the MSRP.

Reactions: AFD

12psi

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
And this goes by when the order was submitted, not confirmed, right? My order was submitted on Monday and the dealer contacted me this morning saying they finally got confirmation. Still waiting on VON but I'm hoping this means I avoided the price increase.
That's how it is supposed to be. As long as the order was put in before the price increase, it doesn't matter if it is confirmed in the ordering system.
I've had orders that needed an option change from the factory (Half Doors somehow weren't suppose to be added, but were ordered on the Jeep) and it just reduced the price of the doors and didn't affect any of the pricing they had.

Zeno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 4xe
That's how it is supposed to be. As long as the order was put in before the price increase, it doesn't matter if it is confirmed in the ordering system.
I've had orders that needed an option change from the factory (Half Doors somehow weren't suppose to be added, but were ordered on the Jeep) and it just reduced the price of the doors and didn't affect any of the pricing they had.
That's a relief then. Since they told me earlier in the week that they'd submitted the order back on Monday I don't expect any "oh the price went up" shenanigans based on the Tuesday bump.

Sponsored

LuvHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUS Hella , 22 JLUSS Hydro
The new prices are updated on Jeep website. My build, which I ordered 3 weeks ago, has gone up by $950. I noticed that the discount for the 2.0 engine is gone. When I was configuring my XR Rubi, I had the options of choosing between the 2.0 and the V6. 2.0 was -$1500 approx. That discount is gone now on the XR.

I have a "Retail buyer order" from Tri-City, and I put $1000 down payment. I have a VIN and my order was confirmed with Jeep. I should be price protected, right?
On my order the auto was 2500 -500 on the 2.0

Now.the auto is 2000 with no discount on the 2.0

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
On my order the auto was 2500 -500 on the 2.0
Now.the auto is 2000 with no discount on the 2.0
I've followed the year-over-year pricing of the engine and transmission options. They change no less than annually. E.g., when I configured my 2021 JLU, the 2.0L engine didn't have a charge or a credit attached to it. The compulsory 850RE was a straightforward $1,500.00. Done and done.

Knowing or mentioning what a particular engine & transmission combination will cost may literally depend on the day that it's viewed on the configurator website. Even then, it's subject to change until the moment the dealer enters the vehicle order into their system and a Priced Order Confirmation is generated.

RamMan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sport Dsl. / '16 Ram PW / '14 GC Dsl.
Occupation
Transport / Odd Jobs
FYI:

I submitted an order on Monday. It wasn't placed until Tuesday (09/27) and just got word from dealer that Jeep has increased prices again. Mine went up 1,500.00.
That happened after I ordered my '18 JL. Bilt the same order on Jeep.com to verify. Jeep did go up $500.

Obi Wan

First Name
Obi
Threads
Reaction score
Website
starwars.fandom.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU SPORT S 2.0, 2004 TJ SPORT 5.3LS
Occupation
Jedi Knight
Ordered my Sport S back in late July. Base price has gone up $700. Dealer honored price at time of order.

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I think we all need to get used to periodic price increases. Between the rising costs of commodities and parts to fuel and labor, it costs more to produce a vehicle. The manufacturers are going to pass those cost increases to the buyers.

right now there seems to be plenty of buyers who don’t mind a market upcharge (or whatever they call the dealer mark-up) or the absurdly high cost of new vehicles. People just seem to be happy to pay and go about their business and enjoy their new vehicle.

Sponsored

helldorado

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Wrangler Willys
The ordered was submitted for our 2023 JLU Willys on Sep-1 and the base price was $40,760. Checked the Jeep builder today and it had gone up to $41,800. So increase of $1040, but none of the option prices we went with changed.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

So just priced mine out again and I'm either blind (possible) or Earl is no longer a color option.

As far as everything else I price out the same.

There used to be a discount -1750 for the 2.0 but you had to get the 3750 upgrade on the auto. Now no discount for 2.0 but auto is only 2k more so same price.

GMONEY

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 2D Rubi Earl
Clubs

I'm an i
So just priced mine out again and I'm either blind (possible) or Earl is no longer a color option.

As far as everything else I price out the same.

There used to be a discount -1750 for the 2.0 but you had to get the 3750 upgrade on the auto. Now no discount for 2.0 but auto is only 2k more so same price.
I am an idiot I priced out a 22 not a 23

SpringBuck

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR; 2004 LJ
Either my computer isn't accessing Jeep's updated prices or they have NOT updated them online for my order. I built a JLUR today and the MSRP on my build from Jeep's website was $65,860. I sent the PDF of my build out to a few dealers and have already heard back from two. Both dealers that quoted it showed an MSRP of $66,710 for the same options, so a $1,900 increase.

BillyBaroo

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Unlimited Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
Placed an order today for the wife's 2 door JL Rubicon and noticed the prices had gone up overall about $2,000 with all the options she wanted.
Sponsored