pre-order from the retro source for 7" headlight adapters

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How do you even know they’re centered properly? It seems once they are installed you can’t access or adjust them further other than the rear beam adjustments.
You honestly dont, I am just making it look close enough with the eyeball gauge and calling it a day. Trucklites are known to stick out a tad further than most lights as well so that adds to the battle. Both are shoved in the buckets, went to connect everything and the plugs on the trucklite anti flicker has an extra nub keeping it from plugging in to the supplied adapters, MORE filing! At this point I wish I would have driven over to Quake and handed them my card and been done with it. I'm not bashing the adapters as its early and theres bound to be issues with all the different options out there but they are not trucklite friendly, get the super sevens haha.
Sponsored

Last edited:

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I feel your pain. First time jeeper and finding that the JL is a tough one to cut teeth on. All the differences are driving me crazy and these headlights are the worst. I think I may have found my problem. Polarity + - and black and white or yellow. Will call TRS today and hopefully straighten it out. I have the super 7's and they do look great in the bucket. Hoping the alignment is going to go well if I do get them hooked up...Good luck

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Done! All aimed up and everything, I took a few pics so you all could see how the gaps are filled, lots of work but worth it to me. Tonight I throw in my jw fogs which looks to be a LOT easier!

20190118_153931.jpg

20190118_153532.jpg

20190118_153919.jpg

20190118_153903.jpg
Glad that it all worked out. They look awesome. I did fogs and they were really easy. Now that I think I know what my problem was, POLARITY.... I think I can finish my install tomorrow. Nice job. And aiming worked ok too? Thanks for sharing.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Just finished mine too, morimoto sealed 7 2.0’s went in super easy and all connectors were just fine no trimming or cutting! Now in need to wait till it’s dark to try and aim them, how do the rear adjusters work? (Which one does side to side and which one up and down)?

4D36488A-16E5-44A1-AEF3-E08AD836225E.jpeg

C65AF605-A5C9-4A94-B8B7-70CAFD13871D.jpeg

29E180AF-0744-4ECC-8E1E-B7A909FE77C7.jpeg

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Very nice! These are my favorite headlights

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
Finally got the lights installed. However when I turn on the high beams the lights go off....Got to improve my electrical knowledge base. My original headlights with LED bulbs did work but now with the new headlights (super 7's) the above problem. SO much for plug and play. Calling TRS Monday AM....I do like the look of these and hope I can get them working....

Super 7a.jpg

super 7b.jpg

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 Wrangler392; ‘20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Mine did that before. Check the pins and the connectors. I did that and zip tied them securely and so far it seems good to go :fingerscrossed:

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Trouble in paradise, my right light low beam turns completely off but comes on with the high beam. The left one stays on but is also turning off intermittently, high beams are ok. Im guessing I need my taser before I attempt to use these, more headaches!!!!

Last edited:

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I did respond on the other thread. I did get mine to work. Plug and Play means plug them in and then play. 7 degrees here the last few days and it has been fun trying to work on them in the garage and running in and out keeping my hands from freezing. Hopefully the fix is permanent. I sure hope so.
Sponsored