pre-order from the retro source for 7" headlight adapters

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I also received a tracking number for my adapters from retro fit. Tomorrow night I get to throw in my heated trucklites, tonight I'll work on figuring out if my jw fogs fit my plastic bumper.

Sponsored

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
2k2wranglerx Thanks for the video. But I do have a question. The 3 adjusters on the sides. It seems that they are for centering the light in the housing. The height of the headlight is restrained by the swivel boss inside the bucket. And the 3 adjusters on the sides can move the ligtht around in the housing. Seems like something is missing with those. Do they get tightened up? left loose. They are adjustable for a reason. Wish I knew what for.....

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Got my adapters in, one problem if you're thinking of using trucklites. The lights have these three nubs that keep the trim ring from setting flush with the light. I'm currently grinding them down to get everything seated properly.

20190114_082045.jpg

20190114_082442.jpg

20190114_082130.jpg

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
Got my adapters in, one problem if you're thinking of using trucklites. The lights have these three nubs that keep the trim ring from setting flush with the light. I'm currently grinding them down to get everything seated properly.

20190114_082045.jpg

20190114_082442.jpg

20190114_082130.jpg
Any advice, tips, or pointers for installing the lights in these damn adapters? Lol
what are the side and rear adjuster screws for and how did you set yours up? Seems side adjusters just center the light, what about rear(fine tune) TIA

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Any advice, tips, or pointers for installing the lights in these damn adapters? Lol
what are the side and rear adjuster screws for and how did you set yours up? Seems side adjusters just center the light, what about rear(fine tune) TIA
I finally have more time to play with them more tomorrow. I'll let you know for sure, I still have to grind the nubs off the other light and then I'll get to mount them.

Sponsored

Im JL'in!

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So the three screws are for centering the light within the adapter, and the rear are for beam adjustment. I filed the ever living crap out of the nubs to get the top ring to fit but I'm having trouble getting it flush, when it's completely level the trim ring is not even close to fitting, when it is flush its pointing so off center the top of the light is covered and the bottom lip of the light is sticking up.

20190117_090840.jpg

20190117_090853.jpg

20190117_090912.jpg

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
pain in the butt for sure. First Jeep and First time playing with headlights. Tough first experience. Tons of info on the "science" of LED etc. blah blah blah and then these "adapters" Wow! I am not having fun yet. Spending money, time and patience. But so far not too much fun. Thankfully I got through the Tires and offset trials unscathed. That was fun and I love the way mine turned out. But these lights....UGH!

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
So the three screws are for centering the light within the adapter, and the rear are for beam adjustment. I filed the ever living crap out of the nubs to get the top ring to fit but I'm having trouble getting it flush, when it's completely level the trim ring is not even close to fitting, when it is flush its pointing so off center the top of the light is covered and the bottom lip of the light is sticking up.

20190117_090840.jpg

20190117_090853.jpg

20190117_090912.jpg
How do you even know they’re centered properly? It seems once they are installed you can’t access or adjust them further other than the rear beam adjustments.

obiwankabaldi

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
I am with you and what is to say that they may not shift once you make adjustment. I am not real happy with the whole design. Disappointed to say the least. Especially not for the price.

JMONEZ

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Self employed
Vehicle Showcase
I am with you and what is to say that they may not shift once you make adjustment. I am not real happy with the whole design. Disappointed to say the least. Especially not for the price.
They do seem built well, I was going to install today but didn’t have micro fuse tap, so I’ll wait till Sunday to install once it arrives. Lights are mounted in brackets and seem good but will see how they’ll adjust once installed in the Jeep. looks very straight forward and the sealed 7’s, mounted up in no time.
Sponsored