Sponsored

Powered side steps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Armada
Amp .Steps work great. I've been running them since 2014 , 3 sets on e vehicles. No issues.
I see you have a 2020 listed in your vehicles. Did you find the Amp steps for the 2020 model because I am not seeing them on the website past 2019 for the Wrangler and only Gladiator comes up for 2020 searches?
Sponsored

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
I have been thinking of adding these to my Jeep as well. Can anyone explain the difference in the AMP XL and the regular AMP?

Cmac84

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL unlimited rubicon
I have been thinking of adding these to my Jeep as well. Can anyone explain the difference in the AMP XL and the regular AMP?
I think the XL set goes down lower the the regular. Don't hold me to that though.....

Last edited:

Oletimer

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jlr 2017 ram
Occupation
Logging Contractor
I see you have a 2020 listed in your vehicles. Did you find the Amp steps for the 2020 model because I am not seeing them on the website past 2019 for the Wrangler and only Gladiator comes up for 2020 searches?
I don't know really. I gave dealer a list of add ons ant told them price they had to match. Maybe they are the same as a 2019. They are great , but my jeep doesn't know what a rock is.

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
We too went with the AMP Research steps. My wife appreciates the 6" wide step. I considered the Rockslides but didn't think the narrow step would be the best choice.

Sponsored

OP
OP
mreloc

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Altitude; VWGTI
Any real reason to go with the Powerstep Xtreme? It has two motors per step but is $400 more...

OP
OP
mreloc

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I prefer the RSE steps. They go into their own containment which keeps them away from elements. This is JMO.

Check out videos on youtube on the AMP steps or RSE

unnamed.jpg

unnamed-1.jpg
I do like how these don’t require you to hack into the wiring. I’ve read that the 2020 wrangler has a different color wire setup that causes confusion during installation. I don’t need another headache

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
Just finished Amp XL install today on 2019 Sahara. I'll take some more pics tomorrow. Really happy with them so far. Very clean install too. No drilling needed. Just taps into door wire with simple wire taps they include. No wires running in the door jams like other installs. Nice LED lights integrated for front a rear door step area. Customer support was class.

IMG_0078.jpeg

Pipes

First Name
HP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sahara JLU, Jeep SRT
for those wondering about the Powerstep XL emblems on the side of the rails. They are just an adhesive emblem and peal right off with no residue left behind.

Sponsored

Thinman

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 Rebel 12 and...... a 2012 Prius
Voting RSE step sliders for obvious reasons (I have some).

Whichever direction you go, my hardest thing was finding pictures of known height people standing next to them.

Here is 5'2" standing next to 2.5" lift & 37s

upload_2020-2-24_21-30-49.png

AnARcHy

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sahara, 2003 Toyota Tacoma, 1990 Toyota Truck, 1998 FLSTC
Occupation
Firefighter
For those that have these installed, is there a way to make them deploy/retract when the doors are removed?

Mamacast

First Name
Nancy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
My wife is struggling getting in and out of the Jeep gracefully. Any recommendations for a good set of powered running board/side steps? Actiontracs are on sale at Quadratec, but I’m having a hard time understanding quality differences. Not really going to do any heavy crawling, so that’s not a concern. Any advice would be appreciated!
Here is another thread that might be helpful https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/which-powered-step-assist.42641/

Jjirish

First Name
Jenne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep 392, 2024 Jeep 392, 2023 BMW X7C
Occupation
Lurking the forum
I vote aries. For 2 reasons.
1. They light up
2. They provide two steps to step up on, not just one. One step is always there and the second folds down. I needed this bc I was running 35s and a 3inch lift on a 18 rubi.

OP
OP
mreloc

mreloc

First Name
ME
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting- I got this email from AMP when I was inquiring on their site about their site only referring to 2018-2019 JLU application:

"Hi,

Thank you for contacting us! At this time, we do not have any plans to make our products for a 2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU. We would suggest you reach back out to us in 6 months for any updates regarding future builds.

Thank you!

Natalya T.
Customer Care"

WTF????
Sponsored