Sponsored

Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Newer to the forum. Figured I would share my progress. Ordered a XR 9/17. Dealer said 6-8 weeks. I figured more like 12-16 weeks. But liked the optimism.

9/17 - order placed
10/4 - asked for vin (from dealer)
10/20 - all parts gathered waiting for build (fca chat)
10/30 - scheduled for build (dealer)
11/8 - email from Jeep Customer Service saying week of 12/15 delivery
11/9 dealer reached out to tell me the delivery window 12/15 (basically just
11/14 - waiting for build (fca)

Not sure how accurate those emails are. But I am SO hoping the 12/15 delivery correct. My previous lease on a grand Cherokee had an early end/trade in for some cash back so opted for that. Figured the extra cash can get me started with some sweet mods. So Iā€™m currently driving a rusty Prius going into winter season in Minnesota.
If you're still a '21 VIN, that delivery is probably correct. They're close to ending production for '21s... I think post Dec 4 starts '22... could be wrong. Mine says 12/8 delivery, and it was built this past Thursday 11/11. Guessing you will get built any day.
Sponsored

e23nk1

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JKU Freedom Oscar Mike
Just hit 15 weeks today...still crickets from Jeep on my build....they "escalated" but I think that put me in Jeep timeout...lol...because I get no response from Jeep on status...Dealer knows about as much as me.
This is about as enjoyable as going to the dentist.

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
Just hit 15 weeks today...still crickets from Jeep on my build....they "escalated" but I think that put me in Jeep timeout...lol...because I get no response from Jeep on status...Dealer knows about as much as me.
This is about as enjoyable as going to the dentist.
Today is 20 weeks & 4 days for me. My 392 was just built a few days ago and is now in JB status. No method as to how they choose what/when they get built, so its frustrating.

BethP

First Name
Beth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR / 1972 Buick GS
My salesman emailed me today to say "It's being built". Good news I guess! I would be so pumped to have it sooner than the 12/18 estimate that Jeep sent me.

KreckinVB

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 392
Today is 20 weeks & 4 days for me. My 392 was just built a few days ago and is now in JB status. No method as to how they choose what/when they get built, so its frustrating.
19 weeks @ this point and gathering parts with no communication from Jeep or my dealer other than that. Absolutely ridiculous & was told 6-8 when I placed. Worse I gave my dealer a $1K deposit which they wonā€™t refund as they said it is supply chain issues and out of their control. Beyond annoyed & I actually did a day 1 reservation on a Bronco & out of frustration on the Jeep converted to an order on 9/13 and it was built this past Saturday and delivers by 11/27. Insane with all of Fordā€™s issue that build gets done and my Jeep built is just floating in space. Nuts!

Sponsored

MY4x4

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 XR
Reading through the posts and seeing people waiting 20 weeks sucks. Then you see people getting theirs in 6-8 weeks. I ordered Aug 20th and JC just moved my delivery date back another week, again. IF I actually get on Dec 10 ( insert laugh here!) it will he 16 weeks. UGH! I was very patient the first 10 weeks but not so much anymore. Good luck to all that are waiting and congratulations to those who have received theirs.

PaulNY

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜24 JLUR 392 Anvil ordered 5-10-23
19 weeks @ this point and gathering parts with no communication from Jeep or my dealer other than that. Absolutely ridiculous & was told 6-8 when I placed. Worse I gave my dealer a $1K deposit which they wonā€™t refund as they said it is supply chain issues and out of their control. Beyond annoyed & I actually did a day 1 reservation on a Bronco & out of frustration on the Jeep converted to an order on 9/13 and it was built this past Saturday and delivers by 11/27. Insane with all of Fordā€™s issue that build gets done and my Jeep built is just floating in space. Nuts!
I am pretty sure that the dealer has to give you the deposit back? Maybe I am wrong, but I thought it was law that unless you have actually signed the finance agreement paperwork, then the deposit is refundable. Either way, I think that's a crappy dealer move since it's way beyond the time frame they quoted you. I hope it works out for you. Crazy times we live in.

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR

RayAllen

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I think the thing that kind of surprised me was that they were very willing to "identify" both the JK and the JL Recons, but did nothing for the more expensive, more than just an appearance package, Xtreme Recon............... so I thought I'd do a little "playing around" and see what I could come up with? Haven't decided yet if it stays or goes? The Recon emblem is obviously a stock Recon emblem and the Xtreme is a GM emblem #96875129

21-11-15-55D73DBB-1BFE-4DA6-92B0-4971A7FE948D.jpeg

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
I think the thing that kind of surprised me was that they were very willing to "identify" both the JK and the JL Recons, but did nothing for the more expensive, more than just an appearance package, Xtreme Recon............... so I thought I'd do a little "playing around" and see what I could come up with? Haven't decided yet if it stays or goes? The Recon emblem is obviously a stock Recon emblem and the Xtreme is a GM emblem #96875129

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here 21-11-15-55D73DBB-1BFE-4DA6-92B0-4971A7FE948D
That kind of looks awesome lol, love how you made the concept from both GM and Jeep. All I know is if @pixeldecals doesn't come out with their decal I will probably be doing this exact setup. Thanks for the pic!

Sponsored

pixeldecals

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.pixeldecals.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLU Rubicon, 2013 JKU Rubicon
That kind of looks awesome lol, love how you made the concept from both GM and Jeep. All I know is if @pixeldecals doesn't come out with their decal I will probably be doing this exact setup. Thanks for the pic!
Decals are live and loaded in the store! I may have forgotten to come back to this thread and say so.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Decals are live and loaded in the store! I may have forgotten to come back to this thread and say so.
Awesome, thank you they look great!

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician
Stuck in the body vendor for the past 12 days. Good grief, how long does it take these guys to install the optional equipment?

MY4x4

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2021 XR

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here 21-11-15-55D73DBB-1BFE-4DA6-92B0-4971A7FE948D
I really like that look!!! Any chance you have links to where you got them? Thanks!

rohdawg

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLUR Anvil / 2021 JLUR Hydro Blue
Occupation
Merchant Marine
Stuck in the body vendor for the past 12 days. Good grief, how long does it take these guys to install the optional equipment?
They are torquing all the fender clips to manufacturers spec.
Sponsored