Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

Little719

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
On a cold start, my engine sounds like a sewing machine. Does yours sound the same? The knocking sound seems to go away after warming up. Is this something to worry about? I've noticed this since day one. 900 miles on it now.

This is the 3.6L with eTorque.

On a cold start, my engine sounds like a sewing machine. Does yours sound the same? The knocking sound seems to go away after warming up. Is this something to worry about? I've noticed this since day one. 900 miles on it now.

haven’t noticed on my but I’ll pop the hood tomorrow morning before I start her up…
Sponsored

Sponsored

Little719

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR

Mines made the same sound this morning 🤷‍♂️

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
I've noticed the same. The best description I could come up with is that the braking doesn't seem linear (?). I suspect it's doing some sort of regenerative braking to charge the eTorque lithium battery. This is my first (mild) hybrid so I don't really have a point of reference for comparison with other hybrid systems.

It seems to downshift kind of hard when slowing down for turns or stops. Does that improve with break in?

CT_Matty78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR (ordered 9/14)
Occupation
Graphic Designer + Photographer
They’re so similar looking in size.
Look at the rear view mirrors - looks like at least an 1" or 1.5" (maybe even 2"?) taller and better stance overall with the larger/wider tires

Little719

First Name
Cris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I've noticed the same. The best description I could come up with is that the braking doesn't seem linear (?). I suspect it's doing some sort of regenerative braking to charge the eTorque lithium battery. This is my first (mild) hybrid so I don't really have a point of reference for comparison with other hybrid systems.
Agree, experience the same while braking, also my first mild hybrid….

Sponsored

Rubi SoHo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR-XR
Occupation
Physician

She’s finally home 😍
mine will be a twin (if she ever gets built, I’m in D status).

I agonized over whether to get a color matched top and fenders. I ended up going with black and boy am I glad I did. I will be buying aftermarket fender flares anyway, but that black top contrasts so well with the gray! And I agree, the wheels fit the color scheme well. That’s a killer looking JL man!

hereford

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JGC
Ordered: 8/30/21
VON: 9/4/21
VIN: 9/7/21
Build Sheet: 10/5/21
Window Sticker: 10/9/21
Jeep Chat Deliver Time Line: 10/11 - 10/25
Sting gray
Body Color FF
SOT
Lthr Dark Sdl
8.4”
Alp Prem
Rem Start
prox entry
XR
8.4” Prem Audio
Safety
Tow
LED Light
Steel Bumper
Cold wthr

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
Ordered 8/2 picked up. today. First impressions after 490 mile drive. Can't really say anything about Gupton that hasn't been said friendly, honest and upfront. Suspension seems well done (onroad anyway) smooth ride even tho I didn't get aired down where I wanted yet. Looked down a few times and was cruising at 80 and didn't even realize it. The tail light extensions don't look too bad, gotta get used to them glancing in mirror a couple times thought that fuel filler door was open. Cant tell about height yet but compared to my trade with 315s it looks higher. But my trade had steps and this has the rock rails. But can feel getting in and out it taller. Gonna have to get used to the 3.6 it's smoother but the 2.0t definitely had more spunk. Over all very pleased.

Last edited:

CT_Matty78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR (ordered 9/14)
Occupation
Graphic Designer + Photographer
Ordered: 8/30/21
VON: 9/4/21
VIN: 9/7/21
Build Sheet: 10/5/21
Window Sticker: 10/9/21
Jeep Chat Deliver Time Line: 10/11 - 10/25
Sting gray
Body Color FF
SOT
Lthr Dark Sdl
8.4”
Alp Prem
Rem Start
prox entry
XR
8.4” Prem Audio
Safety
Tow
LED Light
Steel Bumper
Cold wthr
We ordered the exact same Jeep. LOVE IT!

Fiteacher

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Ok, that makes some level of sense. My first mild hybrid too. Thanks for the reassurance that it is likely normal.
Sponsored