Sponsored

Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

Talox

First Name
dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU XR Granite crystal (ordered 8/23)
Just spoke to my dealer and was told that I am officially in D1 status with an Est ship date is 10/05/21.

Hearing that I felt really good knowing things are progressing nicely.... and then as i'm walking Through the grocery store a lifted granite grey JLU pulls up next to me .... top/doors off music blasten and a grin on the driver that went from ear to ear.

Now that ship date can't get here fast enough, damn I'm so excited and anxious...
Sponsored

macman1125

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - XR Edition
Just received an update on my JLUR XR. We're getting closer!!

@ Rent - BTW: I have both the optional safety groups.

I can see your order has been released from the factory and was approved for shipping. Shipping arrangements have not been completed yet but it should be leaving soon! We do still have the ETA window of 09/20/2021 - 09/29/2021. I recommend keeping in touch with your dealer.

Kim2021Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2018 JKUR, 2021 JLUR ON ORDER
Window sticker was 9/11, arrived at dealer on 9/16! Good Luck - what color?
Itā€™s firecracker red. I sold my granite jk in June and wanted something a little more fun this time around. I have really missed having a jeep this summer. The kids should be able to find me in a parking lot easier too lol. Truth be told my first mod should be a mall crawler badge šŸ˜‚. Also I was tired of other jeeps making my jeep their bitch in a parking lot so I hope the XR package will be good enough for that or Iā€™ll get a small lift this time.

Sponsored

macman1125

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - XR Edition
Just received an update on my JLUR XR. We're getting closer!!

@ Rent - BTW: I have both the optional safety groups.

I can see your order has been released from the factory and was approved for shipping. Shipping arrangements have not been completed yet but it should be leaving soon! We do still have the ETA window of 09/20/2021 - 09/29/2021. I recommend keeping in touch with your dealer.
I'm really struggling on what to do here with the BFG All Terrains that came on the XR. I really like BFG Mud Terrains (had these on my past few Jeeps) so I'm definitely going to swap these out and sell the All Terrains but I am really torn on if I should go with the 35's or 37's.

From the looks of the pics the other members have sent the stance on the XR looks very nice and not over the top but still larger than the original stock with a little more aggressive look.

I really like the 2" lift and 37's and that was my original plan but after seeing these I do not know if I need to do that right now. I am leaning on the 35's (Mud Terrain.

Any input would be welcomed.

Brettnyt

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 392XR, 2017 BMW M3
Is there a drop-dead date on 2021 orders? I ordered a 392 XR on August 28th, and was assigned a VIN shortly thereafter. It is still in D, and there doesn't appear to be progress on any of the 392 XR's.

Having been assigned a VIN, will it be built for sure? Or could delays/part shortages prevent that from happening?

I already signed the docs at the dealer as soon as the VIN was assigned, and gave them a hefty down payment.

I also have begun ordering parts....

Just curious about what happens as we get closer to the end of the calendar year, if there are still orders outstanding....

VIN 850039

InsanityLatr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR (on order)
So my dealer just messaged me today and said he had an update and my expected ship date is 10/1. Id like to be positive, but this seems pretty crazy, being that today was the first time jeep chat told me all the parts were collected...i ordered on 8/24 and have both safety groups...

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

So my dealer just messaged me today and said he had an update and my expected ship date is 10/1. Id like to be positive, but this seems pretty crazy, being that today was the first time jeep chat told me all the parts were collected...i ordered on 8/24 and have both safety groups...
Your ā€œship dateā€ is usually closer to your build date. When you get a window sticker, thatā€™s usually pretty close to your actual ship date.

Itā€™s stupid, donā€™t ask me why they do it like that. But, youā€™re getting close; hang in there

I linked a bunch of stuff here (Additional information) you can look through those other links to get yourself familiar with the whole process.

Congrats on the Jeep! Itā€™ll be here soon enough, itā€™s like adult Christmas.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
Is there a drop-dead date on 2021 orders? I ordered a 392 XR on August 28th, and was assigned a VIN shortly thereafter. It is still in D, and there doesn't appear to be progress on any of the 392 XR's.

Having been assigned a VIN, will it be built for sure? Or could delays/part shortages prevent that from happening?

I already signed the docs at the dealer as soon as the VIN was assigned, and gave them a hefty down payment.

Just curious about what happens as we get closer to the end of the calendar year, if there are still orders outstanding....

VIN 850039
Thereā€™s no guarantees it will be built. People who ordered their 392XR at the end of June are still in D. I ordered mine on 7/29 we chose snazzberry, It wonā€™t be offered in 2022 along with billet if it isnā€™t built in 2021 Iā€™ll have to reorder. If itā€™s a carry over color it might just be bumped to the next model year. With the 392 dealer allocations I canā€™t say forsure.

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
When did you go into D1?
Believe it or not my Stellantis rep is telling me I went from awaiting parts on Friday to full build over the weekend. He says he had never seen a turnaround that fast and it is after spoke with production manager in Toledo Friday morning. Could be because my first order on 11/18/20 was an undeliverable lemon and they are trying to avoid me to getting to 1 year anniversary without a drivable vehicle. Believe me they donā€™t want to get to 1 year because the full wrath of my experience and frustration will surely be unleashed across the entire internet.

mando9595

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep

VIN 850039
Scott Blum said if you have a vin you're getting a 2021. Scott is a big jeep guy and is a product planner for Jeep. I personally would not be worried.