2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Actu

These look easy enough to take off. What would be nice is if I could find a way to attach and reattach these for my annual vehicle inspection. I definitely do not want these on all the time but in our state we have annual vehicle inspections that require tire coverage so they may have to go on periodically.
you could easily remove them and install some rivnut. Then you could just screw them on and off.
This could be a great option!

Just understand the rivnut will semi-permanently attach the fender liner to the fender. I've seen a couple instances where taking the fender liner out is necessary or makes life easier. Off the top of my head, changing out the auxiliary battery on the 3.6L ESS, installing the ARB bracket in the drivers fender well, and running wires through the firewall. If you're confident that you don't need access to those areas, rivnuts would work a treat. If you still need access to those areas, the plastic rivets are cheap and easy enough to install.
Sponsored

blue89bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon Xtreme Recon

Just understand the rivnut will semi-permanently attach the fender liner to the fender. I've seen a couple instances where taking the fender liner out is necessary or makes life easier. Off the top of my head, changing out the auxiliary battery on the 3.6L ESS, installing the ARB bracket in the drivers fender well, and running wires through the firewall. If you're confident that you don't need access to those areas, rivnuts would work a treat. If you still need access to those areas, the plastic rivets are cheap and easy enough to install.
Or rubber well nuts would work as well and be removable.

macman1125

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon - XR Edition

Both the rivnut and the plastic rivets seem like very viable solutions. As soon as my new rig arrives I will take a close look and figure out the best option from the suggestions here.

I like the ability to unscrew annually using the rivnut (at least in a few of the mounting locations - maybe 3 or 4) then the rest of the inner fender being fastened like factory.

Sponsored

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I've been at the additional accessories stage for a week. Hope to have some progress next week. Eagerly awaiting my Jeep.

RayAllen

First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I've been at the additional accessories stage for a week. Hope to have some progress next week. Eagerly awaiting my Jeep.
Just Curious........... and trying to figure out the "additional accessories" thing ? What options do you have that would not have been, more than likely, assembled on the vehicle at the plant?

Badfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR XR
Occupation
Retired fisherman
My build has anomalously moved to paint today! Have you gone to D1 and beyond @Badfish or still not checking?
still D per my dealer as of 2 days ago. Crossing fingers that my email from Jeep will hold true w/ the first week of Oct estimated delivery. I still haven't seen anyone on here show any AZ deliveries for XR so who knows.

Sponsored

Vrrooom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Just Curious........... and trying to figure out the "additional accessories" thing ? What options do you have that would not have been, more than likely, assembled on the vehicle at the plant?
my guess would be the XR options- fender flares, wheels/suspension if they do that, tire carrier. Maybe the sky one touch, not sure if that’s done at the main factory or in this group.

fasho

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Just talked to my dealer, said it should be in Port Allen soon, so he is hoping by the end of next week to have it on the lot here in Lafayette. Cannot even believe this is happening If it comes on Thursday, I believe that would be exactly 9 weeks from order to delivery.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Stitched seats, the required tailgate reinforcement, headliner, and etc

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
I’m in the long-wait boat, ordered end of June and still waiting to move into build phase.
Sponsored