OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Hard Rock JKU, 2018 JL Rubi, 2020 Mercedes GLC 300(Wife) :-)
Occupation
Environmental Manager, VA Hospital
Im in Green Bay WI so 465 miles or so. Very excited to see it moving along. Each week that passes my trade estimate goes down and down with the market shifting. This dealer would not lock in trade price. Vroom offered me a pretty good amount but when i trade To dealer in WI i only pay sales tax on difference in price and I owe a good amount still on my 19 silverado rst z71 crew cab so I will just roll with it and pray lol
Same deal with me. Got a great offer from Vroom and was afraid it would go down so I sold. Borrowing a POS Kia since June 26th šŸ˜ In Arkansas you have 45 days to get a new rig after selling. I knew I wouldnā€™t make that. Contacted my state and Iā€™m good using my sold order date as my sales date. Huge difference for me also. Either pay the full 6.5% on $56k or the difference, $20k. Guess I better hit up dealer and Jeep chat and see if Iā€™m in production or gathering parts. Been holding off until I saw movement. Glad somebody has theirs going.
Sponsored

Steel8083

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 rubicon
Went from "all parts gathered awaiting production" on 8/14 TO
Today JC says: "I am showing all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received. The vehicle should be entering the build process shortly."
Ordered 7-2-21
Got same message today on 8/14 it was awaiting production so maybe a little closer? Ordered 8/2

vduc1098

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
First post to the forum.... Seems like I'm getting the same info as a lot of you here.
Placed my order 8/5
8/10 Received my VIN
Contacted JC a couple of times and have been told, " all parts are in and entering the build phase in the next day or so"
Dealer actually called me to tell me my expected ship date is 8/26

Build Info:
3.6 V6
Bright White
Matching Fenders
Dual Top
Leather
Proximity
Gorilla Glass
XR Package
Premium Audio
LED
Tow
Cold Weather

Looking forward to seeing picks on here in the next week or so....

Sponsored

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
First post to the forum.... Seems like I'm getting the same info as a lot of you here.
Placed my order 8/5
8/10 Received my VIN
Contacted JC a couple of times and have been told, " all parts are in and entering the build phase in the next day or so"

Build Info:
3.6 V6
Bright White
Matching Fenders
Dual Top
Leather
Proximity
Gorilla Glass
XR Package
Premium Audio
LED
Tow
Cold Weather

My exact build minus the GG, added steel bumpers and safety. Same here. Was told today, gathering parts still but excited to see the XR being built.

Jeep Wrangler JL Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here jeep 4

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Placed my order 8/5
8/10 Received my VIN

Build Info:
3.6 V6
Bright White
Matching Fenders
Dual Top
Leather
Proximity
Gorilla Glass
XR Package
Premium Audio
LED
Tow
Cold Weather

Welcome and congrats on your build! Iā€™m new as well but like yourself and many in here Iā€™ve been (im)patiently waiting for our new rig to show up. Definitely seeing a lot of movement here recently, seems like progress is being made to get the XRs rolling out the door. Iā€™m super excited as well to see real world photos from delivered XRs here. Nice build by the way, thatā€™s going to be a sweet ride. Did you get tan leather by chance? I saw one on hells revenge earlier this year with half doors, white paint and peanut butter interior that looked šŸ‘Œ

jmm11116

First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Placed my order 8/5
8/10 Received my VIN

Build Info:
3.6 V6
Bright White
Matching Fenders
Dual Top
Leather
Proximity
Gorilla Glass
XR Package
Premium Audio
LED
Tow
Cold Weather

Who is your dealer? I ordered 8/4 so I'm assuming my dealer also has a tentative ship date.

OP
OP
galleywinter

galleywinter

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

vduc1098

First Name
Vinnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
Welcome and congrats on your build! Iā€™m new as well but like yourself and many in here Iā€™ve been (im)patiently waiting for our new rig to show up. Definitely seeing a lot of movement here recently, seems like progress is being made to get the XRs rolling out the door. Iā€™m super excited as well to see real world photos from delivered XRs here. Nice build by the way, thatā€™s going to be a sweet ride. Did you get tan leather by chance? I saw one on hells revenge earlier this year with half doors, white paint and peanut butter interior that looked šŸ‘Œ
Thanks! I was actually considering the Tan/Peanut Butter seats at first, but opted for the Black. I'm a big fan of the red stitching over the white that comes with the Tan interior. Plus I already have the last recon model black leather/red stitching dash for it.

Sponsored

Thane

First Name
Thane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURXR, 10 FJ Cruiser
Anyone see any badging or vinyl graphics for the XR?

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Thanks! I was actually considering the Tan/Peanut Butter seats at first, but opted for the Black. I'm a big fan of the red stitching over the white that comes with the Tan interior. Plus I already have the last recon model black leather/red stitching dash for it.
It's unique, but I couldn't pull the trigger on it either. I just know it wouldn't hold up to trail/dog/life use without looking like a bomb went off in the jeep. I definitely like the red stitching as well, and declined all other leather options to keep it too.