Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

Snellville392

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 740e; 2022 XC40 recharge (2); 2021 XC90 recha
Do you mind me asking how much the transport cost was?
I haven't shipped yet of course and it could change but I was quoted around $800 from Philly to Atlanta
Sponsored

MI Jeep Girl

First Name
Toni
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU XR Rubicon Firecracker Red
It's fine. I just don't want to leave it unprotected for the life of the vehicle, it would get trashed. I worried myself sick about little things like this in previous vehicles. Part of the reason I like the Jeep is I know it's going to show use, and that gives me the freedom to not feel sick over things like this. It sucks, and I wish it hadn't happened, but "It's a Jeep". Soon it will have it's first scratches, and I'll have the freedom to treat it like the trail rig that it is.

Still wish I had just ordered those thin skins a week ago... Learn from my mistake.
I am looking at them right now!!! Thanks for the heads up!!!

Bhodi11

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
392XR
I haven't shipped yet of course and it could change but I was quoted around $800 from Philly to Atlanta
Iā€™m going to have Philly to NC so thatā€™s not bad. Is that an open or enclosed trailer. Thought about flying up but keeping with break in it would be a long slow drive.

Sponsored

Snellville392

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 740e; 2022 XC40 recharge (2); 2021 XC90 recha
Iā€™m going to have Philly to NC so thatā€™s not bad. Is that an open or enclosed trailer. Thought about flying up but keeping with break in it would be a long slow drive.
open.
they said they can be flexible with pick up day since I told them that delivery dates are not certain.
Montway Auto Transport

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Who did you end up going with for shipping?
I haven't decided yet. It seems all auto transports have bad reviews online.

I'm leaning towards two:

Ready Logistics: Owned by Manheim Auto Auction. So a large reputable company.

Montway Auto Transport: they are located one town over from me. Easier to deal with if there is an issue.

Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Yes my days are numbered. Putting the soft top on Saturday and will keep it on as long as I can up hereā€¦.
The JL soft tops are just as warm, if not warmer, than the hard tops. I live in Northern IL and survived a whole winter with the soft top on. Not like the old TJ soft tops that blew up like a balloon going down the road lol.

Xavier613

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Will be flying from Raleigh to Philly to pick mine up whenever that day finally comes šŸ™„ done the drive a few dozen times and it's slow regardless of break in period šŸ˜‚ you won't be losing any time.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The JL soft tops are just as warm, if not warmer, than the hard tops. I live in Northern IL and survived a whole winter with the soft top on. Not like the old TJ soft tops that blue up like a balloon going down the road lol.
@Bard

Iā€™ll second this. Iā€™ve had my soft top into negative temperatures, in shorts. The heater wasnā€™t struggling, it wasnā€™t even all the way up. The back window is a real pain to open when it gets really cold though. The top shrinks ever so slightly and makes everything really tight

YellowNJTJ02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Yellow TJ, 15 F-150, 21JLUR(on order)
The JL soft tops are just as warm, if not warmer, than the hard tops. I live in Northern IL and survived a whole winter with the soft top on. Not like the old TJ soft tops that blue up like a balloon going down the road lol.
Happy to hear this. I've heard the same from a few people. My TJ had dual tops, but ordered this one with just the soft top. $2500 for dual tops wasn't worth it to just stick my hard top on the ceiling for 8 months of the year.

What color did you order? Don't see you on the tracker.