Vehicle Showcase

fasho

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I just like clean vehicles. I thought I was 100% on the rubi sticker, but I may not. It looks naked without it. For sure the Jeep badge by the door, that's where the BOH goes. If you can't tell it's a Jeep without that, then you probably don't care

Edit:

I realize, its a contradiction to say I like clean vehicles but I then put BOH on them.

They are good conversation starters, and I like them lol

Pic, from the last Jeep with BOH

Screen Shot 2021-09-14 at 7.12.23 PM.png
Are those EAG rock sliders? If so are they any good?

Alleycat392

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Metal Mulisha Custom
How long have you guys been in "addition equipment/body vendor"

I went on Friday and as of this morning still there. I'm guessing they must be backed up or something because I've got no additional equipment except for what comes on all of them.
Correction. When original 392 was in body vendor, it was there for about 10 days.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Are those EAG rock sliders? If so are they any good?
They are.

As hard as I tried with the 2 door, I never really needed them. They looked fine, but the finish wasn't the greatest. They were on for ~2 years and the welds on the "inside" (non visible side, closest to the body work) started showing signs of rusting. They did provide a handy step for my wife. We'll see how she reacts to the XR lifted and without them. I may need to come up with a solution.

KJiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392 XR, 1996 Porsche 911

KJiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler 392 XR, 1996 Porsche 911

Sponsored

Membrain

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JTR / '21 XR392
Occupation
Engineer
ITS HERE!!!

Gotta pick it up later today.

tempImageKu260W.png
...your tires look over inflated.... :)

NICE! I'm a big fan of Firecracker Red!

fasho

First Name
Lawrence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
They are.

As hard as I tried with the 2 door, I never really needed them. They looked fine, but the finish wasn't the greatest. They were on for ~2 years and the welds on the "inside" (non visible side, closest to the body work) started showing signs of rusting. They did provide a handy step for my wife. We'll see how she reacts to the XR lifted and without them. I may need to come up with a solution.
well i really like the look of them, i just wanted to make sure they would be worth the savings vs other similar sliders from more well known brands. sounds like if they were rusting and the finish was not great it may be worth while to go up on quality. i really enjoy the look of a rock slider with a subtle step vs a dedicated step.

I was looking at the DV8 Offroad SRJL-03 Tubular Rock Sliders and the LOD signature series. The DV8 is priced competitively with the EAG, but the LOD are almost a grand.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

well i really like the look of them, i just wanted to make sure they would be worth the savings vs other similar sliders from more well known brands. sounds like if they were rusting and the finish was not great it may be worth while to go up on quality. i really enjoy the look of a rock slider with a subtle step vs a dedicated step.

I was looking at the DV8 Offroad SRJL-03 Tubular Rock Sliders and the LOD signature series. The DV8 is priced competitively with the EAG, but the LOD are almost a grand.
They were okay for my base model sport. I think it’s worth spending the money on the XR. I expect the longer wheelbase will put them to work more than my 2 door, and I’d like to have something that looks nice for as long as I own the vehicle. For now I’ll stick with the rubicon rails to get me through Moab this November. And I think I’ll eventually pull the trigger on the Metal Cloak
Sponsored