Post your progress on Extreme Recon package here

WooPig

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUXRR 392
I wish they would come clean and just tell us what the details are around these delays.
yea I mean if it’s an option I chose then at least tell me that. I probably wouldn’t change anything but at least I’d know. Not knowing anything is the worst. We need an insider with the low down
Sponsored

TallDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR-XR
Just got a call from my dealer. I ordered 8/21, in D status since ~8/27, I should expect to be in that status for ~4 weeks. Overall they're saying to expect about 4months for the whole process to set realistic expectations, they usually quote 8-12 weeks, could be longer, probably not much shorter these days.

Last edited:

blue89bird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Getting really pissed off. 9 weeks so far, almost 10 and folks who ordered after me already have theirs. 😡

wesjtx

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Getting really pissed off. 9 weeks so far, almost 10 and folks who ordered after me already have theirs. 😡
What all options did you have other than XR?

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I was quoted 6-8 weeks, and I told myself that would be more like 10-12 weeks when I ordered it. I had low expectations, and to be honest I’m impressed that they’re pumping them out fairly quickly. It’s stupid that they’re not in chronological order. I don’t know why on earth they wouldn’t just do that, it makes sense and is fair to everyone. Sorry about your build man, at least people are starting to take delivery on these things. That’s progress. It’ll all be worth it when you take delivery on your new machine.

Sponsored

RubiXR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 RubiXR
Clubs

As I look through this once more, what stands out is the fact that everyone (@Schuter is the only exception) who is in the shipping status did not order the safety and advanced safety group. Yes I know there is no logic, and some who ordered after me are already getting built but that seems to be the holdup. And that "somewhat" makes sense given the chip shortage and the fact it is the package with the most chips/sensors.

bckly

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Occupation
Engineer
Back to D: 9/3

🥲
Dealership (Peterson) reached out Monday to let me know I have an estimated “transit date” of 9/24. Probably won’t check JC again until then.

Schuter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado 2500
As I look through this once more, what stands out is the fact that everyone (@Schuter is the only exception) who is in the shipping status did not order the safety and advanced safety group. Yes I know there is no logic, and some who ordered after me are already getting built but that seems to be the holdup. And that "somewhat" makes sense given the chip shortage and the fact it is the package with the most chips/sensors.
I have been in Shipping for a week now, still no dealer ETA. Dealer says they cannot see an EAT yet either.