Sponsored

Post your 2020 JL build status

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Mine in Arizona took 20 days after KZ to be delivered to dealer. plus 3 more once delivered for dealer to get it ready.
So lemme get this straight. It sat in the rail yard waiting for the dealer's trucking company to pick it up, then it sat at the dealer another few days before they did the PDI on it?

Man, talk about phoning it in!

Last time we ordered a car they actually sent someone to pick it up from the rail yard and delivered it to us later that day. Then again, I guess that sales person was just that good. They really went above and beyond back then. Too bad the service department at that dealer was sketchy af.

This time I really don't mind if it takes an extra day or two. This Jeep was put together and shipped super fast, so I got caught a little off guard with selling my old one lol. Luckily that's been taken care of, and just in time, too!
Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So lemme get this straight. It sat in the rail yard waiting for the dealer's trucking company to pick it up, then it sat at the dealer another few days before they did the PDI on it?

Man, talk about phoning it in!

Last time we ordered a car they actually sent someone to pick it up from the rail yard and delivered it to us later that day. Then again, I guess that sales person was just that good. They really went above and beyond back then. Too bad the service department at that dealer was sketchy af.

This time I really don't mind if it takes an extra day or two. This Jeep was put together and shipped super fast, so I got caught a little off guard with selling my old one lol. Luckily that's been taken care of, and just in time, too!
Yeah from everything I’ve read, the Jeep generally sits in the rail yard for up to 2 weeks (or longer in extreme case) waiting for a carrier truck to be scheduled. I’m sure it is more cost effective to wait for enough vehicles to fill the truck up for a particular destination.

I actually had to contact Jeep customer support to find out my Jeep was at the dealer and then had to call the dealership to ask what was going on.

Now, from what I’ve read, people close enough to the plant for the vehicle to take a truck all the way to the dealership (no rail) get their deliveries much faster. I’ve seen stuff in the 4-10 day range from KZ to dealership delivered for people in NE/Midwest.

ExRIGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2015 Charger R/T
What stage are you in?

Ordered wife's Rubicon on 8/10 and it still has not passed inspection - a case has been opened today but no repsonses
You win (lose?) -- mine is in KZ . . .

ExRIGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2015 Charger R/T
I ordered 8/17, I'm still waiting too. The Jeep is completed and in transit; I've been told it will be here by the end of the month. My phone is wearing out from checking to see if I've got a message from the dealer.
okay, great thanks. My phone too is tired of me :(

flipflopgirl72

First Name
Stephayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Bikini Pearl 2007 Wrangler Sahara Silver
My JLUR arrived in Pearland on 9/14 and is still sitting at the rail yard. Pending delivery to DeMontrond in Conroe.
Neil at Demontrond was AMAZING!!! I offered to pay extra if he could find someone to deliver my jeep yesterday and he worked tirelessly and found a driver for $100. The driver also picked up another jeep coming to them as well from the rail yard in Pearland, could be yours. If it was- you're welcome!! Was it a bikini Sahara or granite (can't remember what model it was)? If so, it got delivered with mine. Mine was a Bikini Rubi. Got home tonight, so glad she is home!! Meet Ka'ena!

20190921_173210 (1).jpg

20190921_194354 (1).jpg

Sponsored

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Neil at Demontrond was AMAZING!!! I offered to pay extra if he could find someone to deliver my jeep yesterday and he worked tirelessly and found a driver for $100. The driver also picked up another jeep coming to them as well from the rail yard in Pearland, could be yours. If it was- you're welcome!! Was it a bikini Sahara or granite (can't remember what model it was)? If so, it got delivered with mine. Mine was a Bikini Rubi. Got home tonight, so glad she is home!! Meet Ka'ena!
Wow, that is amazing the sale person was willing to work to find someone for you. I would have likely done the same with my dealer if I thought they would have. Because you know, paying $1500 to have a vehicle delivered in 3-4 weeks with no tracking or ETA isn't enough. :)

Great looking Jeep, really like that color a lot.

renegadecaderyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

20190921_173210 (1).jpg

20190921_194354 (1).jpg
Nice Rubi! Love the bikini pearl!

Mine is a granite JLUR. If the other Jeep delivered is in front of your Jeep on the truck it is not mine. Mine has steel bumpers.

flipflopgirl72

First Name
Stephayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice Rubi! Love the bikini pearl!

Mine is a granite JLUR. If the other Jeep delivered is in front of your Jeep on the truck it is not mine. Mine has steel bumpers.
No, the granite one was taken off before I took the pic. You can check today and see. The jeep in front of mine is a Gladiator. Hope you get it today! I'm loving mine!

CJ7Robert

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK
Been in KZ for 13 days without progress. Per Jeep Chat "Location Unavailable". Status as following: Currently your vehicle has reached the shipping stage but has not been provided an estimated time of arrival date (ETA) at this time I would advise to check back next week to see if an update has been provided.
It is a 50 minute drive from Toledo to my dealer in Michigan. Oh, and the kicker... I will be paying $1,495 for destination charge. Brutal.

renegadecaderyn

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
No, the granite one was taken off before I took the pic. You can check today and see. The jeep in front of mine is a Gladiator. Hope you get it today! I'm loving mine!
Just got a phone call from Neil. My Jeep has been delivered! @flipflopgirl72 Stephayne thanks for getting expedited delivery! Picking it up on Wednesday! :)

Sponsored

Greenek

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JlR Stingray (ordered 8/21) 2018 Mercedes E43 AMG
Day 13 of JS status. (ordered 8/21) Shame to think that the Jeep is just sitting in a lot...

RangerRobAZ

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Been in KZ for 13 days without progress. Per Jeep Chat "Location Unavailable". Status as following: Currently your vehicle has reached the shipping stage but has not been provided an estimated time of arrival date (ETA) at this time I would advise to check back next week to see if an update has been provided.
It is a 50 minute drive from Toledo to my dealer in Michigan. Oh, and the kicker... I will be paying $1,495 for destination charge. Brutal.
Jeep Chat cannot provide much if any information once it hits KZ. Your dealer should know where it is, if they care to check their systems. 13 days in KZ is not too much, and the status will not update until it is actually delivered to the dealer. Although, most people that close to Toledo do get their vehicles well before 13 days.

RedLine

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon (replaced 2018 Cherokee Trailhawk), 2013 JK Sport (Bought for Daughter)
* Updated after chat with Jeep today, entered JB status and have build sheet.

2020 Rubicon JLUR Firecracker Red, pretty much all options

09/04/19 - Order & VON#
09/06/19 - D Status and VIN assigned
09/11/19 - D1 status
09/20/19 - E status, no ship date provided
09/23/19 - Build sheet available
09/23/19 - JB Status

flipflopgirl72

First Name
Stephayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just got a phone call from Neil. My Jeep has been delivered! @flipflopgirl72 Stephayne thanks for getting expedited delivery! Picking it up on Wednesday! :)
You're welcome!! You can send me your $50 to my venmo account, LOL!!! Send some pics!!
Sponsored