• Total voters

99 TJ WRANGLER

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
I'm curious on which jeep type is preferred more. It's not an easy choice and I've been going back and forth on what I want my new JL to be.
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
I had a 4 dr for almost 9 years--time to get smaller, I don't have kids at home and I figured I'd give the smaller jeep a try--

So far, so good

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

Wanderingwheelz

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Kids. There’s your variable. It’s just that simple. Kids=4 doors. No kids=2 doors. Believe me.. you’ll appreciate the power of the 2 door compared the the relative lack of power on the 4 door. Test drive them back to back, and you’ll easily see the 4 door is a turd next to the 2 door. I considered for 4 door, mainly because of the theoretical better “value” it represents, but I bought a Sport and I’d never, ever, buy a 4 door vehicle w/o power windows and doors- even if they’re in the basement most of the year, like they are for my 2 door.

My wife and I picked up my dad to go out for dinner once. I rode in the back seat (I was surprised how roomy it felt, btw), but that’s the only time the rear seat has had a butt on it. Otherwise it’s been folded up 24/7. I may even remove it completely.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
When I was a kid, I got in all kinds of chitt for talking down my school bus, with a bus driver. I will say nothing here about the JLU. :lipssealed:

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
Removing the rear seat is SO EASY--maybe 30 seconds !--

Good luck

JIMBO

MrJeepNut

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1980 CJ-7, 1997 TJ, 2018 JKU
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, kids. I cast my vote for 2-door, because that's what I would prefer to have, but I currently have a 4-door out of necessity-- because of kids. As soon as my last kid goes off to college, I will be getting a 2-door one way or another. It might be my son's '97 TJ, as an extra Jeep when he's done with it, or I might trade my new '18 JKU on a 2-door JL. We'll see when the time comes.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
For taking kids and 2 dogs around I prefer an Outback or Ford Edge (Cargo area dominates and great roof racks for stuff).

2 door jeep is fun, fun fun so zippy, so easy to park in city, so fun on the trail. With the 2 door its wife and I and we either take load of stuff or 2 dogs or 2 kids (pick one) in Jeep. If you get a hard top and rack you can use top for cargo and increase your options.

Rear seat out in the 2 door is like having a little convertible pickup truck.

We basically decided both vehicles don't need to be a bus.

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
My awesome lifestyle allows me to have the most awesome Wrangler, which is a two door.