Sponsored

Plastic rocker guards for 2 door?

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
That's exactly what I am looking for! Thanks so much for all the information! I work with 3m double sided tape a lot at work. A little tip I can give you is to wipe down the area you are applying it to with acetone it will remove the wax and contaminates but will not hurt your paint. If the area is clean when applied the 3m tape is almost impossible to remove.
I will tell you it was not easy to remove...like I said, I used a heat gun carefully to get the thing off.

I have since found a supplier for the proper tape....

Bushwhacker gave me their tape # as 5390... but then 3m said that that wasnt available to the public as it denotes a HUGE roll.

3m gave me part # 06394 as the proper one.... 1/2 inch wide, .090 thick and greay in color....found a supplier localy who had one roll available....$32. And the package says its black but it is in fact grey.

It was hard finding the stuff.

I used a adhesion promoter sponge lacket and wiped the areas down and put the new tape on the piece. Gotta wait till temps warm up again to install and see how I do this time. LOL
Sponsored

OP
OP
xsaltlifex

xsaltlifex

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 black on black 6 spd 2 door
I will tell you it was not easy to remove...like I said, I used a heat gun carefully to get the thing off.

I have since found a supplier for the proper tape....

Bushwhacker gave me their tape # as 5390... but then 3m said that that wasnt available to the public as it denotes a HUGE roll.

3m gave me part # 06394 as the proper one.... 1/2 inch wide, .090 thick and greay in color....found a supplier localy who had one roll available....$32. And the package says its black but it is in fact grey.

It was hard finding the stuff.

I used a adhesion promoter sponge lacket and wiped the areas down and put the new tape on the piece. Gotta wait till temps warm up again to install and see how I do this time. LOL
Sounds like a pain in the neck!! lol...

moparcruiser

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport S 80th Anniversary
Sounds like a pain in the neck!! lol...
That and a little lower on the anatomy as well...LOL

I have yet to reinstall the one side...been too cold and/or wet. Hopefully this weekend.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher