Sponsored

Plastic Door Sill Guards

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Anyone have the Plastic Door Sill Guards installed on their JLU?

If so, how have they worked out?
Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜21 Wrangler392; ā€˜20 F-Pace; '15 XL883N; '82 CX500
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Factory ones are not particularly good. Best bet (coverage/price) is using xpel door guard tape to cover that area.

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
Factory ones are not particularly good. Best bet (coverage/price) is using xpel door guard tape to cover that area.
Confused here too. I've heard a lot of good things. We have them on our JT and they work great!

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
The plastic door sill guards are stuck on by 3m tape. They donā€™t cover the surface area enough to really prevent scuffs (too short and donā€™t go over the door sill).

On the new Jeep, Iā€™ll place them over tape first. Hopefully thatā€™s a better explanation!

Sponsored

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase
Confused here too. I've heard a lot of good things. We have them on our JT and they work great!
Please excuse the pollen. You can see the passenger front and rear both have scuffs since lots of paint is exposed. I also have 42,xxx miles so itā€™s probably not as pristine as other jeeps.

I think Quadratec/ rugged ridge had longer guards that covered the top but may mess with the weather stripping. Since I personally like how the factory ones match design-wise Iā€™m just applying tape first under it.

EEDCE8EC-E5D8-471D-9E7D-54109C0DA681.jpeg

03C6FA02-AFC3-457B-A1DC-7D7510EDC9FF.jpeg

weeitsmikelee

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Healthcare
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have the rugged ridge door sill guards. Best coverage you can get. And yes, they do create daylight on the bottom door sill. Not a lot at all. But it is there.

I donā€™t drive my Jeep through a lake daily. So Iā€™m good.

and rain sure as hell doesnā€™t come through the tiny little day light.

brewski

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-diesel
Anyone have the Plastic Door Sill Guards installed on their JLU?

If so, how have they worked out?
I have them. Had them on the JK too. In general they are for looks. They help if you were ever going to stand there, but personally I stand on my rock sliders. They don't cover the proudest parts of the door frame which are the ones that get kicked or knocked. When running doorless they look nice and since I go doorless a lot it is the main reason I have them (for looks). I wouldn't bother with them if you're looking for protection or always have your doors on. I'd go with a protective clearbra/vinyl instead if youre looking for protection

Also the best place to get them, and any Jeep/Mopar part, is from Benny of @AllMoparParts.com (link to site), message him on this forum for if they have any promotional discount.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I had the Mopar sill guards on my JLU: they are useless; leave the pinch seams totally exposed, which is precisely the area most vulnerable to scuffing.

I replaced them with the Quadratec sill guards: they cover everything that needs covering for half the cost.

nU7OuxIx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, YJ, Impreza
I ordered the plastic door sill guards when I bought my Jeep. I'm not thrilled with them because it seems like it really doesn't do much. Maybe it does and I just don't have the experience, who knows.

Looking back, I would have rather went with a different product that provides better protection than the tiny mopar factory sill guards.
Sponsored