Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Out of the 600 that went through a local dealer here, under 10% were Rubicons. Even on the other dealer (which I'm buying through), only like 5 of the 50+ Jeeps were Rubicons. Fuel mileage is always based on the most favorable version of the chassis they sell, and on top of that they test highway mpg on a dyno at 45 mph. So yeah, no way it will be 24 for highway, LOL. That said, it will be better than 16 mpg. My 98 TJ with a 5.7 hemi and 5 speed auto gets 16 lifted on 33s.
The manufacturer does computer runs under conditions set by EPA. They choose their most efficient model for each engine (not every combination of gears, weight, etc.). Then they take that times the number of vehicles sold with that engine to come up up with their CAFE. It doesn't have anything to do with real life.
Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
The manufacturer does computer runs under conditions set by EPA. They choose their most efficient model for each engine (not every combination of gears, weight, etc.). Then they take that times the number of vehicles sold with that engine to come up up with their CAFE. It doesn't have anything to do with real life.
Yep. It comes out to like 48 mph average speed for their highway test. I don’t know of anyone that averages 48 mph over 10 miles on the highway. There are many other runs as you said as well. One problem is in the marketing.

OP
OP

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
So did the plant start back up today as planned?

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

OP
OP

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
My order was in D1 last week. Happy to find out today that it entered F (paint) today. So it looks like things are rolling again.
Yeah mine went KZ yesterday

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Me, too. Fingers crossed they’ll get to my build soon with the pace they’ve been going at recently.
So my order went in the system Jan 14 by the dealer. My Jeep says it will ship out the 31st. Based on what I see that means it's already built but could be wrong. Either way should have it in February.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So my order went in the system Jan 14 by the dealer. My Jeep says it will ship out the 31st. Based on what I see that means it's already built but could be wrong. Either way should have it in February.
Do you mean Jeep Cares says it will ship the 31st? There have been some on here that said when they were told that it turned out to be the build date. Others were in inspection or JB for a month. Others in KZ for 45 days. Never know because they won't say why some take 3 months and others 14 days.
It appears they have been catching up with the large number of preorders they had in the queue when 2019 production first started.
I wonder when they shut down on the 14th if all started builds were pushed all the way to KZ before they closed the doors or if they just pushed the stop button and left everything hanging. Since they were repairing and retooling equipment I would think the former.

Sponsored

OP
OP

K2500Z71

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKR
That “ship date” is typically your build date.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Yeah...rub it in. :(

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do you mean Jeep Cares says it will ship the 31st? There have been some on here that said when they were told that it turned out to be the build date. Others were in inspection or JB for a month. Others in KZ for 45 days. Never know because they won't say why some take 3 months and others 14 days.
It appears they have been catching up with the large number of preorders they had in the queue when 2019 production first started.
I wonder when they shut down on the 14th if all started builds were pushed all the way to KZ before they closed the doors or if they just pushed the stop button and left everything hanging. Since they were repairing and retooling equipment I would think the former.
No, this was from the dealer. Sounds like that's the "estimated" ship date and like all corporate estimations, they're worth jack shit.

I also wonder the same thing as you re: the shut downs and how they handled builds in progress. I would imagine given they are re-tooling/repairing... they probably finished up everything that was in 'build' stage (maybe that's what you meant when you said pushing to KZ) and taking up space on the line, and then nothing else gets started until Jan 22. That's the way I would do it. But maybe they were only repairing/retooling certain parts of the lines.
Sponsored