Sponsored

Placing order - is price locked in?

Crowbar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLR, 20JTR
Looking at placing an order and at the bottom of the page is a note that reads:
Note: this is not an invoice. The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or correction without prior notice.

Is this normal for orders? I thought once an order was placed the pricing was locked in?
Sponsored

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
You have to make sure it is. Mine was and after a 4 month wait I believe it would have cost me 1600 more according to the sticker.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Ask for clarification from the dealer. It is not guaranteed to be price protected. Manufacturers transfer the asset upon delivery at the price set when the sticker was produced. Some dealers will eat an increase from time of order vs sticker production out of their profits, some are proficient at getting a rebate from the manufacturer (edit: usually contingent upon delivery to original customer if the custom order), others pass on a price increase from time of order to time of sticker production to the consumer using a clause like you read.

Justmefor23

First Name
Whatever
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JK
Its
Looking at placing an order and at the bottom of the page is a note that reads:
Note: this is not an invoice. The prices and equipment shown on this priced order confirmation are tentative and subject to change or correction without prior notice.

Is this normal for orders? I thought once an order was placed the pricing was locked in?
I believe its by dealer policy. Mine has the same verbiage but dealer has assured me I have price protection and we are working off the price when ordered. I just spoke with him today because prices have gone up. Right now im saving around 2500 from when I ordered and thats based on msrp. Im still getting it for much less at invoice.

Sponsored

2ktj

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 YJ (ret), 00 TJ Sport, 21 Willys, 23 4XE Rubi
A good dealer should sell at the agreed upon price regardless of what the sticker said. My sticker was almost $2k more at pickup and my price didn't change.

Bug Splats

First Name
Mikey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜23 JLUR XR, ā€˜17 4Runner
Same experience for me as the others who posted above. Dealer agreed to honor the price they gave me at the time of ordering a despite price increase that occurred before I took delivery.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
A good dealer should sell at the agreed upon price regardless of what the sticker said. My sticker was almost $2k more at pickup and my price didn't change.
To be fair to the dealer, the manufacturer is doing the same thing to them. Increasing price after order. Iā€™m fine with a transparent dealer. Itā€™s a hard balance for them to disclose everything without overwhelming the customer. But thatā€™s the price of staying in business, get good enough or die off.

roobies

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 540i, 2023 JLUR
Had that on the build sheet that showed all the options/pricing then the dealership also did a sales order with the cost agreed on, temp registration fee, etc., total price, deposit, and both parties signed it.

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Iā€™m curious if the price went down between the order and delivery dates would yā€™all be ok with paying the agreed upon price at time of order?

Ironjaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler
Ask for clarification from the dealer. It is not guaranteed to be price protected. Manufacturers transfer the asset upon delivery at the price set when the sticker was produced. Some dealers will eat an increase from time of order vs sticker production out of their profits, some are proficient at getting a rebate from the manufacturer (edit: usually contingent upon delivery to original customer if the custom order), others pass on a price increase from time of order to time of sticker production to the consumer using a clause like you read.
That is incorrect. The when the order is placed for a sold vehicle the dealer is price protected for the pricing and incentives at the time of the order. If the original customer that ordered the vehicle backs out for any reason then The vehicle pricing is changed to the current window sticker price.

Any dealer that says otherwise is straight up lying.

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Dittoā€” even though I never thought of it and wasnā€™t discussed. A good indication of a reputable dealer.

dragoneggs

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Snazzberry Pearl JLR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Same experience for me as the others who posted above. Dealer agreed to honor the price they gave me at the time of ordering a despite price increase that occurred before I took delivery.
Me too. In fact I was able to improve the price due to the fact that FCA added affiliate pricing (1% under invoice) after I ordered back in December. When I ordered, they wouldn't budge on MSRP.

In January MSRP went up and the FCA deal kicked in. Dealer said no problem... we will honor the FCA price and hold the old sticker. I was very happy!

Pinky Tuscadero

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Pink RHD Wrangler 2015 RHD Wrangler
It has to be checked on the order when placed, this has been shown many, many times before right here.
Make sure they do this and also make sure you have an actual signed retail agreement or your basically just ordering another Jeep for the dealership as when it comes in, they jack the price, you get pissed and walk and then they jack it up way more and sell it.
Verbal Schmerbal šŸ¤£
-
Or just go to one of the honest discounters listed on this site like Gupton and get "the deal"
Sponsored