Pinning open the tailgate

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Good afternoon all! Strangish question: Is it possible to "pin" the tailgate open so that it can't swing back closed. I'm sure I could noodle out something, but was curious if this has already been solved by smarter folks than I. Thinking of a tailgating or camping scenario, particularly with kids, where you don't want the thing swinging about.

Thanks!
Nick
Sponsored

Swadehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock, 2019 Rubicon, 2023 392
I have a foam block that I use for my JK. Cut it to size so it holds/props my tailgate open. The block is firm enough to hold the tailgate open, but has just enough give to keep the tailgate from getting damaged if someone inadvertently tries to close it. Hard to explain, I can try to take pics later.

sheram

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU RUBICON
Occupation
Retired
Good afternoon all! Strangish question: Is it possible to "pin" the tailgate open so that it can't swing back closed. I'm sure I could noodle out something, but was curious if this has already been solved by smarter folks than I. Thinking of a tailgating or camping scenario, particularly with kids, where you don't want the thing swinging about.

Thanks!
Nick
The JL locks open when pulled back all the way as do the doors unlike all previous jeeps
Sponsored