Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
I use a pole to gauge the depth and try to keep two wheels near an edge in shallower water. In some cases I go around the hole (if there is a trail) and occasionally I turn around. Rubber boots would be very helpful.

That being said, it all depends on how much rain we've had before the trip.
I live in central Jersey so will enter woods near rt 539 and 70. Pasadena Road and south. Used to ride there a little. Going to try that later in June I guess.
Sponsored

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Listen to all the advice on here. I went out yesterday with a group. Great time. It would be easy to get lost if you’ve never been there. Be especially careful of water holes. I saw 2 lifted jeeps stuck in water up to the hood yesterday. Like the previous people said. If there’s a bypass it’s there for a reason.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Listen to all the advice on here. I went out yesterday with a group. Great time. It would be easy to get lost if you’ve never been there. Be especially careful of water holes. I saw 2 lifted jeeps stuck in water up to the hood yesterday. Like the previous people said. If there’s a bypass it’s there for a reason.
Any guided Jeep tours of Pine Lands? Or maybe some NJ Jeep clubs that meet up and drive in? Just did one in PA at Anthrocite Off Road Park. Super fun. Didn’t have to worry about getting lost or stuck.

Jdsmoke

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport 2 door
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Healthcare
Any guided Jeep tours of Pine Lands? Or maybe some NJ Jeep clubs that meet up and drive in? Just did one in PA at Anthrocite Off Road Park. Super fun. Didn’t have to worry about getting lost or stuck.
if you find any, let me know. I would love to Give these a try w my son.

Stuckinthesand

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport S
Sunday was my first time there. I drove in on the Quaker bridge side. Saw some other jeeps there and asked if they were going out. They said I was more than welcome to tag along. I have a stock height 4 door and had no problems with the trails they went to. My understanding is there is usually always some type of groups there on the weekends and they are always willing to take people with them. Jeep community is pretty good and always willing to help beginners.