Sponsored

NJ Dealership Recommendations?

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I also bought my Jeep from Kate. No gimmicks. Very honest. 2 hours away but worth the extra effort. My local dealers were useless.
I bought from Kate also. Very easy process. I think she said she's had several customers from NY/NJ travel to Courtesy.
Sponsored

jerseymike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
I bought from Kate also. Very easy process. I think she said she's had several customers from NY/NJ travel to Courtesy.

For those of you that purchased from Kate, was there any trade and if so was trade-in value reasonable?

Boatbuilder88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Wrangler JL Sport S
Occupation
F-16 Engineer (retired)
You won't regret it. Our Jeep arrived less than 5 weeks after ordering. We drove 2 hours to get to Courtesy. Worth the extra effort for the price and customer service.

Sponsored

zoepup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S5
Vehicle Showcase
Bought mine from Mike at Sureksy in Goshen NY. 35 minutes from NJ border. Great price and great dealership!!

aprez27

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I absolutely dont recommend Paramus dealer. Absolute bunch of useless jackasses from top to bottom.
Couldn't agree more, bought a lightly used one from them last month. Took forever to get my plates/registration(I'm in NY). Then they never gave me the key to the wheel locks and they didn't have them so they had to cut off the lock on the spare. Don't even get me started on the night I purchased it, they sent it off to their other dealership while I was waiting thinking I was over there. Then after all the paperwork was done we had to wait for them to bring it back. Everybody was getting ready to leave for the night while we were waiting for the Jeep to return.

Alanscott1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Mojave
Occupation
A&P Mechanic
Bought my JLR from Manahawkin Jeep end of last September. Was kinda sorta an impulse buy for me, always regretted getting rid of my 2012 2dr JK. Anyways, MSRP was $43K, ended up
Agreeing on $36.5K. Could I have gotten a better deal somewhere else? Eh, no idea, maybe.

My salesman was a nice guy, but his sales manager was a bit of a douche. Overall buying experience was okay, had to really double check their numbers as the sales manager tried to get cute with sneaking in an extra $1k dealership fees. Not the best car buying experience I’ve ever had, but probably the best deal I’ve ever gotten.

Torn891

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon Just sold. On the prowl for a 392
I'm in Eatontown. I just ordered mine from Koons. MSRP was $45,290 once I built it on Jeep.com. Koons came in at 5% under invoice, $41,230 (9% under MSRP). I printed the build sheet and took it to World in Shrewsbury. That is where I test drove a JK and a JL, which was prior to learning about Koons. I went back there and st down with one of their senior salesmen, nice enough guy, and we built the JL to the specs I wanted. He said "alright, what we'll do is take a $1000 deposit and get this ordered." I said "I'm at 40." He said "40 what?" I said "40,000." He said "if you're at 40 then I can shake your hand and let you go, these JL's are brand new, they don't go for 40." I asked what's his best price. He walked to accounting, came back a min later and was at $43,650. I told him my family business buys work trucks from Pinebelt and that I would be going there tomorrow. (all true). He said "hold on, let me tell them you are going to Pinebelt." He came back and was at $43,200. While he was gone that time I pulled out the invoice from Koons. I showed him it and he said "no way." Told me they would hit me with all kinds of fees, blah blah. Their processing fee was $700 too. I'll find out what happens, but from reviews, Koons seems to be the real deal. Anyway, I did go to Pinebelt the next day, this time with my Pops who has built a relationship with a salesman there who we buy trucks and vans from. Did the same thing, built the JL, guy comes back at $43,400, slightly over invoice. I tell him about Koons, he sorta said the same thing, they are going to beat you up, bla bla, and said the best he could do was 200 under invoice which was like $43,168 or something. Their processing fee was $350. That was on he 18th. Fearing the reports that orders cease on the 19th, I called Craig at Koons and go the order in. Got the VON shortly after. There was a $1000, non refundable deposit. Now I want to add keyless entry and tan soft top, since I see that just became available again without having to get auto trans.
Old post but I gave World a shot on a Durango AND my Rubi. They were so far off on both I walked out twice with price matches, took a nice train ride to Long Island for the Durango and taking a train ride Friday to Criswell for my Rubi. Interestingly enough. I have had a great experince with their service dept. so win / win since I didnt buy the car there
Sponsored