Sponsored

Dealership Recommendation: Northern NJ ?

rocksarntpeople

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR Diesel, '08 BMW M135i
This is a bit of a rant post, but I am at my wits end with dealing with some dealerships to properly service my 2019 JLU without breaking things.

Long story short, I have been forced to back to the same dealership for over a year now because every time its there something gets broken or damaged and needs to be brought back for replacement which then leads to more damage and the cycle continues.

Is there any recommendation for a solid dealership in the Northern NJ area that can actually work on this truck without ruining it? Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
OP
OP

rocksarntpeople

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rocksarntpeople

Just stay clear of Ramsey Jeep on Rt. 17 N.... bad bad....
Funny enough...they are the ones that have caused all the damage to the truck, wrecked my leather seats, rear bumper, left scratches on the interior/exterior and gave it back to me with the entire airbox/intake assembly removed and all the sensors disconnected...also left a large truck side view mirror jammed in the engine bay for good measure...I dont normally bad mouth anyone, but that is something Ive just never experienced in my life

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Funny enough...they are the ones that have caused all the damage to the truck, wrecked my leather seats, rear bumper, left scratches on the interior/exterior and gave it back to me with the entire airbox/intake assembly removed and all the sensors disconnected...also left a large truck side view mirror jammed in the engine bay for good measure...I dont normally bad mouth anyone, but that is something Ive just never experienced in my life
You are one of many that have had major issues at Ramsey Jeep...

Years ago when the Father of the two brother's that now run Ramsey Group was at the helm, things were far far better..

Anyway, not the same these days, with Todd Van Duren, the Son, overseeing that dealership..

Yes, do steer clear of Ramsey Jeep, Rt. 17N NJ.... in regard to both Sales and Service..

OP
OP

rocksarntpeople

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Years ago when the Father of the two brother's that now run Ramsey Group was at the helm, things were far far better..

Anyway, not the same these days, with Todd Van Duren, the Son, overseeing that dealership..

Yes, do steer clear of Ramsey Jeep, Rt. 17N NJ.... in regard to both Sales and Service..
Yeah so I currently have 2 issues, finding a better dealer to work on the truck and figuring out how to get all the damage fixed from the last one haha

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah so I currently have 2 issues, finding a better dealer to work on the truck and figuring out how to get all the damage fixed from the last one haha
@rocksarntpeople

I would get Stellantis involved. Can only help to do so....

Once Stellantis is involved the dealerships often are a little more focused lets say at getting the customer/owner happy.

Call Jeep Customer Care: Ph. 1-866-362-2146 and have the issues documented. They will also reachout to the dealer or set you up with a dealer that knows Stellantis is watching....

OP
OP

rocksarntpeople

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@rocksarntpeople

I would get Stellantis involved. Can only help to do so....

Once Stellantis is involved the dealerships often are a little more focused lets say at getting the customer/owner happy.

Call Jeep Customer Care: Ph. 1-866-362-2146 and have the issues documented. They will also reachout to the dealer or set you up with a dealer that knows Stellantis is watching....

Yeah unfortunately this has been an ongoing case with them involved as well with little to no resolution on that front. As of right now I have basically thrown in the towel and have resigned to just trying to get the mechanical issues that have existed for 2 years taken care of, but I can try and push them again in hopes they will allow a better dealership to take on the work of fixing Ramsey's mistakes

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher

I've heard similar stories about that dealership.

Fortunately, I've not needed any major work done, but Rt. 4 CDJ has been decent enough to deal with. We've leased 3 vehicles through them ( my former '16 Charger R/T, my wife's current '18 JLUS, my current '18 JL). In the last few years I've been dealing with them, they took care of some recall work on our Liberty, and they fixed the passenger seat in my JL when it was throwing an airbag code. They fixed the HVAC unit under warranty in my Charger with no issues either (last lease). My only bad experience at Rt. 4 was when I had an oil change and tires rotated on my wife's JLU by them with the freebie Jeep Wave program. The next time I went to rotate the tires myself, I think 7 or 8 lug nuts came off with galled threads and were unusable.

Rt. 46 in Teterboro from what I've seen has a busy shop as well, but I've only gone in there for parts.

OP
OP

rocksarntpeople

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just figured I'd update this post, Welsh in Far Hills was great. Vehicle done in 3 days (vs a month + at other dealers) and they actually managed to fix the steering problem that has existed for almost 3 years and been looked at by 4 other dealers. A++ to those guys for sure!
Sponsored