First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Picking up my Jeep from Fort Collins Jeep dealer today. I highly recommend everyone take their Jeep into the dealership with a picture of this message that they've taken and tell them there is a STAR case open for it. That will get Jeep moving on trying to resolve, for now it sounds like they don't care and don't have the time, nor willingness to troubleshoot further based on their response to me in the text message I shared previously.
Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Update today: “Hey Mr. Thompson, Devin from Jeep. The "Performance Limited, service fuel system" warning message Chrysler is aware of and there is no fix for it at this time.”

At least they’re acknowledging it finally. No idea what next steps are.

Jeep Wrangler JL "Performance Limited" Error code 1651869689094
That may be a lemon law case right there.

"We know it's broken, we don't know how to fix it."

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
That may be a lemon law case right there.

"We know it's broken, we don't know how to fix it."
I tried, JeepCares said no basically.

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Not even close, as the problem does not even slightly impair the function of the vehicle.
Performance is impaired according to the warning message.

Let's see a Stellantis rep testify that warning messages should be ignored by owners and/or do not apply.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Performance is impaired according to the warning message.

Let's see a Stellantis rep testify that warning messages should be ignored by owners and/or do not apply.
Won’t even come close to the legal definition, as it literally does not impair the operation of the vehicle.

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Won’t even come close to the legal definition, as it literally does not impair the operation of the vehicle.
I was wheeling last Saturday. I was in 4HI and basically floored it and didn’t go anywhere.

Sponsored

COBill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I actually don't think so.

If Stellantis is telling you to ignore this message, which messages that the vehicle tells you are important?

A driver relies upon the vehicle's diagnostics to be informed of conditions like this.

Once one is dismissed, how can you trust others?

Initial-Jeep

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 392XR Tuscadero, PT Cruiser Dream Cruisers 2&4
Occupation
Data Engineer, Retired Air Force
Same goes for "it's a software problem": how do you know which parts of the software are a problem? Just the warning or the engine management dealie-O?

The ad hominem when asked a question that undermines your claim "is stupid". (Like, literally the opposite of intelligent, thoughtful, and/or reasoned discourse)

hiimmike

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Network Engineer
Same goes for "it's a software problem": how do you know which parts of the software are a problem? Just the warning or the engine management dealie-O?

The ad hominem when asked a question that undermines your claim "is stupid". (Like, literally the opposite of intelligent, thoughtful, and/or reasoned discourse)
Too many big word. Me buy Jeep. Jeep say broken. Vroom vroom!

PerfectDuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Just wanted to add to this discussion. I have an automatic 2.0L 2022 JLUR. Picked it up only a few weeks ago after factory ordering from a dealership. It has around 700 miles on it now, it had 8 when I picked it up. Filled it up twice so far. Both times were 87 octane and at very different gas stations. I don't know what the dealership filled it with when I picked it up but they are an entire state away so safe to assume it was also a different gas station. I last filled it a week ago and am down to about a quarter of a tank now.

Drove it around today. Made numerous stops. Even washed it because it is salty in Northwest Indiana. Weather was clear, sunny, warmer day in the 40's, with lots of melting snow in the area. At one point in my driving (maybe 2 hours?), I was coasting down a route that is about 45 MPH. I pulled up to a stop light and before ESS kicked on, for what was probably half a second, I caught a glimpse of that same error message (posted somewhere above) in the cluster, "Performance Limited Service Fuel System." It stayed on long enough for me to barely read it. At that stop light, the message disappeared, ESS kicked on, car shut off (like normal), and started up again like normal once the light was green. After that, drove it around some more, more stops, never came back. First time seeing it and I can't say I noticed any performance issues though I am rather gentle with it to minimize fuel consumption on normal roads. No other error messages or cautions or warnings popped up. Just that message for a fraction of a second in the cluster.

One thing to note though, as another user on here mentioned regarding the manual mode option selection, two minutes prior to seeing that message, I was stopped at another red light. Right before I arrived to that light, I had to reverse and accidentally put my car from automatic into manual transmission. Was in it for a few seconds and I popped it back to drive and continued on. No issues in that moment but if somehow manual mode is related, this is the only time I've both selected manual mode and had that error message occur. Could have been a coincidence but the timing between the two events is rather close to one another . At one of my stops, I took the time to google the issue and came across this thread. When I read that manual mode is possibly related, after returning to my car, I put it in manual while in the parking lot but the error message never returned for the remainder of my drive around (another few hours).

I will continue to monitor it and if it does come back again, I'll be bringing it to the dealership as well. Just wanted others to know that this error message isn't as uncommon as it may seem. @JeepCares
Welp, I finally got the code again. Last time I got it was the post I am replying to above back on 12 February. I am currently up to 5300 miles and this time the message "Performance Limited Service Fuel System" came on for a solid 10 seconds before disappearing. No other error messages or warnings. I live now at an altitude of around 4000 feet but the land is flat. I was cruise controlling at 55 MPH down a very straight road. I can't remember if it happened while I was cruising or after I hit cancel on the cruise control to coast towards a stop sign to make a left turn but the message was 100% there as I was slowing down and came to a stop at the stop sign. It went away just before I turned. There were cars behind me so I didn't feel safe taking a picture while coming to a stop.

Since last time, I drove all the way to New Mexico from up North. Had zero issues. I have been using 91 Octane Premium. My MPGs average around 23+ right now, I've been getting my gas from the same place (on base) for a few months now, and before, during, and after the message appeared, I didn't feel like my performance was limited. I was able to turn left and get back up to 55 MPH with no issues. I have drove that road for quite a while now going to and from work. First time seeing the code in months.

The sky was clear, there was a cool breeze, and the temperature outside was 65-70 F. I also never accidentally slipped into manual like last time. So in terms of weather or what gas I am using? None of it seems to matter. Last time it happened it was wetter, colder, and up North. I was using 87 Octane and would get gas from numerous places. Now I am in a desert where it is dry and much warmer, gas has been consistently from the same place, and a higher octane. Considering I have no performance issues, I am leaning towards the group that thinks it is software related or happening when they decelerate. This time though the message was on for a solid length of time compared to the flash of a second the first time.

I'll be bringing my 2022 JLUR to the dealership again eventually because she's got a squeaky noise that presents itself whenever I hit a bump. Before it was happening at 40+, now it is happen as low as 15+ MPH. I have not had time to troubleshoot it myself but the dealership couldn't find anything last time. Now that it is getting "worse" I am hoping they can find something and in the mean time, I can have them look into this code as well.
Sponsored