Pennsylvania

KingCorgi

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUD
I'm in Greencastle and just picked up my Jeep Wrangler Sport. Moved here from the west coast last year so not super familiar with the area. Did run the Green course at Rausch Creek which was a good time. If anyone wants to run some trails, send me a PM!
Sponsored

overboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU(sold) 2021 JLURD
Just depends on the inspection station. I had 33's on my JK that stuck outside and never had a problem with two Jeep dealer garages. I would try a different garage. Stetler in York handles off road Jeeps.
Just an FYI for new info.
Don't take your Jeep to Stetler if the tires are past the fenders. Those as***les will sell Jeeps with tire poke, but if you didn't buy it there they won't pass it. The place has been a joke for 5+ years, I don't know why I even tried. I wouldn't recommend them for sales or service to my worst enemy.

If you are in York and need a shop to pass you PM me...

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm looking forward to a visit to Rausch and AAOA in the very near future. I was recently told that Penn police pull over and ticket out of state jeeps with tire poke. Is this true? Thanks in advance, PA Jeepers.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I'm looking forward to a visit to Rausch and AAOA in the very near future. I was recently told that Penn police pull over and ticket out of state jeeps with tire poke. Is this true? Thanks in advance, PA Jeepers.
I have not heard of this. The tire poke issue in PA has more to do with state inspections, as opposed to a moving violation. Just checked with my wife who is a former assistant district attorney in PA, and she has never seen a ticket for tire poke.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have not heard of this. The tire poke issue in PA has more to do with state inspections, as opposed to a moving violation. Just checked with my wife who is a former assistant district attorney in PA, and she has never seen a ticket for tire poke.
Awesome! Thank you very much for confirming that what I was told is pure bs. I couldn't imagine them potentially chasing people away from the very parks that were created to help stimulate the local economy. I'd willingly and easily spend more per day in the area, than what the local township would see from a damned ticket.

I was told that by the tech that did my steering box swap. He's a north Carolina transplant that has been at the Penn parks. Although, he did say that was several years ago before he moved north.

Thanks again for clearing that up. It wouldn’t have stopped me, but would've sucked just the same.

Sponsored

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

Awesome! Thank you very much for confirming that what I was told is pure bs. I couldn't imagine them potentially chasing people away from the very parks that were created to help stimulate the local economy. I'd willingly and easily spend more per day in the area, than what the local township would see from a damned ticket.

I was told that by the tech that did my steering box swap. He's a north Carolina transplant that has been at the Penn parks. Although, he did say that was several years ago before he moved north.

Thanks again for clearing that up. It wouldn’t have stopped me, but would've sucked just the same.
You will most likely be stopped and asked to present your negative COVID result as an out-of-state driver. The Gov is putting some strange orders in place at the moment. If we leave the state, we need a negative test, or it gets the 14-day quarantine. Stay safe!

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You will most likely be stopped and asked to present your negative COVID result as an out-of-state driver. The Gov is putting some strange orders in place at the moment. If we leave the state, we need a negative test, or it gets the 14-day quarantine. Stay safe!
Oh man, thanks for the heads up about that!

Bass Fisher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
SE Pa new Rubi JLU owner here. 1st time Jeep owner. We did 101 at Rausch Nov 21. Will be going back in spring for 201. Would be interested in doing more green trails in the meantime. Or checking other trails. BTW live in Gilbertsville work in KoP.

PA-Punkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR, 2012 BMW 328 Wagon, 2002 BMW 330 Cabrio
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
SE Pa new Rubi JLU owner here. 1st time Jeep owner. We did 101 at Rausch Nov 21. Will be going back in spring for 201. Would be interested in doing more green trails in the meantime. Or checking other trails. BTW live in Gilbertsville work in KoP.
Welcome and congrats! I'm in the Philly area, there are a few other local guys on the board too.

I might be in for some Rausch Greens in the new year as well.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

My clinical office is located not too far from you, in Douglassville. I will be doing some green trail guided tours in January at RC with ORC. Keep checking the PA thread, announcements are typically made when people are doing the 101/201 and other trail rides.

Sponsored

runklda

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Just joined the forums, I am from Dillsburg PA!

ETA: I am thinking of making a trip to Raush on 4/17 to run some Greens and a blue or 2, nothing too crazy I just want to see how the new lift rides and how the Jeep does on the trails. Ive been to RC a number of times and have lead a bunch as well. If anyone wants to join you are welcome, would like to keep it to a few Jeeps tho and not a large group so we can cover some ground.

Last edited:

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins

I dont see how they could possibly implement this, I have crossed the pa border a half dozen times and there are a TON of NJ LPs in PA. So to say you will most likely be stopped is a bit of a stretch, it may be possible but HIGHLY unlikely.

Dr. RGB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer own a Jeep
Clubs

I dont see how they could possibly implement this, I have crossed the pa border a half dozen times and there are a TON of NJ LPs in PA. So to say you will most likely be stopped is a bit of a stretch, it may be possible but HIGHLY unlikely.
Please read the thread prior for context. This was said with sarcasm, and is an old post. They are not doing anything to anyone that crosses the border. These orders are unenforceable.

FrostySerb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR/2017 Ram 2500 Mega-Cab LongHorn Cummins
Please read the thread prior for context. This was said with sarcasm, and is an old post. They are not doing anything to anyone that crosses the border. These orders are unenforceable.
Jeep Wrangler JL Pennsylvania 1613593339319
Sponsored