Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Looks great, but I hope someone has the paint code.
I made a list of colors I was going try, some from the JK, but then I sold the hard top.
Sponsored

cyuviii

First Name
Cone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
I'm thinking of doing this as well, I want to color match my hardtop to my Jeep. But I'm concerned about the side windows in the rear, did they have to remove those? Could you post a picture of your side windows closely? Great color combo btw! Jeep should have this option in their build.

21 Willys

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys Sarge Green
Something I’ve always wanted to do, paint my Jeep top! Glad I finally pulled the trigger, spent the money and got it done.

What do you think? I almost chose a more testimonial top color but I wanted to match my leather interior. I used a stock Jeep paint color (don’t know the code l) and am ecstatic with the results.

Always loved the classic color combo for the Wrangler!

Jeep Wrangler JL Painted JLUR TOP!!!! IMG_5556.MOV

I wonder how that would look with the fenders painted to match the roof? Just a thought.

Sponsored

OP
OP
DarkWater

DarkWater

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubi
Looks great, but I hope someone has the paint code.
I made a list of colors I was going try, some from the JK, but then I sold the hard top.
I’ve got it written down, it’s actually a factory color from Jeep that matches my interior pretty well!

Race

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2 Door Rubicon
All of the tops look really good! I am waiting for my 2 door Granite Gray to get delivered.. should be the end of March. I wanted to get the hard top sanded smooth and painted gloss black. One guy in Phoenix told me he would have to see it first but said it would be about $1200. Said all the windows would have to be removed. I called a local guy for a price and he told me that the newer jeep tops have a bedliner like coating and they can't be painted. He said he tried to do one recently and when he sanded it the top got ruined. Have you guys had any issues with your painted tops?

jimbobbeg

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
My top was painted within a month of purchase. It's been nearly 4 years, and I haven't had any problems. The top wasn't sanded before painting. And the windows weren't removed. The original hardtop paint is textured, but not porous like a bedliner. My top wasn't painted with gloss paint, it was 70/30 gloss/matte blend
Sponsored