Sponsored

Painted my stock wheels. Great improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJHuber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Just like it is supposed to. :)
Hey Dookey, I think your painted wheels look fantastic and I would pay for those if I could get them in black. Unfortunately I have the OEM Rubicon wheels and looking at options. Do you know the offset and backspace for those? Are they the same as the OEM wheels?
Sponsored

werewolf4805

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Dookey, I think your painted wheels look fantastic and I would pay for those if I could get them in black. Unfortunately I have the OEM Rubicon wheels and looking at options. Do you know the offset and backspace for those? Are they the same as the OEM wheels?
17x7.5 et +44

Sponsored

OP
OP
DOOKEY

DOOKEY

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tractionoffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GCM 392 - 2019 SG JLUR
Occupation
Wheel Pimp.
How did the paint hold up after a couple of years?
I have a bad habit of changing wheels. So it didn't last long before I sold them. :LOL:

TYREMAN

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Lift, wheels, and tires are going on after our trip to Moab in 2 weeks. It was so nice outside today I decided to see what all black wheels looked like so I gave them a good once over.

Thought I'd share in case you wanted to see.

IMG_20180505_174725_533.jpg

20180505_173737.jpg
Perfect timing !! My is awaiting Build and have been driving myself nuts as to paint or not paint the wheels. Have always wished they were all black. Now, with all the info you have provided on all the threads...I'll have the paint sitting here waiting to go !!
Here's my build photo from the website and now can not wait to go all black !!
Jeep Wrangler JL Painted my stock wheels. Great improvement. JEEP PHOTO (2)

Sponsored

J0E

First Name
J0e
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bt39.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 05 LJR on 43s
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Drywall construction - reel estate
I have to sell my 2021 JLR because I can't live without a front camera. I'll order the same exact thing in a 2022 except with the front camera. It has less than 2K miles but the wheels are really scratched up. I thought I'd have to buy new wheels to sell it until reading this thread. Since the wheels are so scratched up, I'll have the tires removed to make it easier to smooth out the bead. I won't need to do that to the spare and I'm not sure I'm going to paint the spare.

My JLR is all white so I think the same black OP used should work. Any opinions on easiest color and having the tires removed?

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Matte black is somewhat forgiving. You can paint them with the wheels on, just stuff plenty of plastic trash bags behind them. Take extra time with painters tape to make sure no paint gets on the tires. Oh, tape off the valve stems too. Poor prep works ruins an otherwise good paint job.

I Recommend that you remove the wheels, as overspray is ruthless and finds it’s way to places you would not guess. Unless you want to cover the Jeep with an old packing blanket or something. If you’ve never painted before, find some thing to practice on first.

White Jeep with black wheels

Jeep Wrangler JL Painted my stock wheels. Great improvement. 205E39CB-C3D1-4AEA-AD38-03E24213A707

Reactions: J0E

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
My JLR is all white so I think the same black OP used should work. Any opinions on easiest color and having the tires removed?
Just have an answer ready for the informed buyer who asks why the alloy wheels on a low mileage Wrangler have [already] been painted. This is doubly true if the fresh paint subdues, but doesn't hide, any scratches. As a follow-up, be prepared to disclose how much off-roading caused those scratches, since that's the obvious inference.

Not trying to be negative here. :beer:
Sponsored

Reactions: J0E
Status
Not open for further replies.