P0607 code brand new JL

ksullivan1856

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Dealership called, have an appointment on Monday to reflash the PCM, we'll see if this actually fixes the issue
Sponsored

Lovis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon
i now have 1,000 miles. CEL came and went several times. Dealer told me to ignore it if it clears on itā€™s own. Then yesterday it came on again while I was out of town-then like popcorn my dash lit up one error at a time, lost traction control, then steering. I veered to side of the freeway with a dead Jeep. Maybe related to code, maybe not. Had to get a tow to dealer. Dealer would not cover the $500 tow so I had to pay it. They say to call Chrysler cares! Chrysler cares on hold for over 30 so I can argue to get reimbursed.....this is nuts. I am waiting for a call back still.

Lovis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i now have 1,000 miles. CEL came and went several times. Dealer told me to ignore it if it clears on itā€™s own. Then yesterday it came on again while I was out of town-then like popcorn my dash lit up one error at a time, lost traction control, then steering. I veered to side of the freeway with a dead Jeep. Maybe related to code, maybe not. Had to get a tow to dealer. Dealer would not cover the $500 tow so I had to pay it. They say to call Chrysler cares! Chrysler cares on hold for over 30 so I can argue to get reimbursed.....this is nuts. I am waiting for a call back still.
Update- dealer says both batteries are dead and need to be replaced. Back ordered due to COVID so could be weeks or longer...they have no idea. Passenger heated seat went out at 600 miles. They canā€™t troubleshoot it until batteries are replaced, and charging module checked. I am really regretting this purchase. Chrysler cares wonā€™t reimburse my towing fee until the work order is done.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Lovis For future reference, if still under warranty, when your JL needs to be towed, call Jeep Road Service at Ph. 1-800-992-1997. Tell them you have a 2020 Jeep Wrangler JL, it is under warranty still and that you need to have it flat bedded to the dealership, because.....

They will arrange for a flat bed truck to come get you right away and you never even see the bill.... another words, you don't have to get, to try to get a reimbursement.

By the way, if you Jeep won't start and just needs a jump, (hopefully that's it) call the # mentioned and they will send a truck out on FCA's dime. Be sure to tell them you would need a flat bed to transport so they send a flatbed truck, just in case it needs to be transported to a dealership.

Lovis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, Good information. The Jeep died while driving At 55mph. Needs more than a jump. Cell service was sketchy and being just barely off the side of freeway was pretty stressful. A passerby helped me get a call out.

Sponsored

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I've had this code come and go probably 15-20 times since I bought my Jeep back in April. I had it as recently as yesterday but it was gone this morning. I was getting the CEL so many times I bought a cheap bluetooth OBDII module on Amazon so I could verify what code it was kicking out. Each time it has been P0607.

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
2300 miles on my 2020 JLUR with 2.0T and the CEL came on today. I already had a Obd2 scanner and plugged it in. It came back with this code. After reading this chat thread I pushed all the fuses and relays down. There may have been a couple that had a little room to go down. I cleared the code with the scanner, shut down, restarted adn it was gone. I took a drive, stopped, shut down, restarted and came home. No issues, error is gone. I'm hoping it was just the fuses. If it doesn't come back, this thread saved me the hassle of getting to the dealer. If it comes back, I'll be going to the dealer.

VSundet

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Limited Rubicon Recon
2300 miles on my 2020 JLUR with 2.0T and the CEL came on today. I already had a Obd2 scanner and plugged it in. It came back with this code. After reading this chat thread I pushed all the fuses and relays down. There may have been a couple that had a little room to go down. I cleared the code with the scanner, shut down, restarted adn it was gone. I took a drive, stopped, shut down, restarted and came home. No issues, error is gone. I'm hoping it was just the fuses. If it doesn't come back, this thread saved me the hassle of getting to the dealer. If it comes back, I'll be going to the dealer.
Bought my jeep in May, I have 13K this error code comes on about once a month. If I don't clear it it will generally go away on 4th start up. The dealer wont do anything as long as it clears......

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
Bought my jeep in May, I have 13K this error code comes on about once a month. If I don't clear it it will generally go away on 4th start up. The dealer wont do anything as long as it clears......
I'm just over 5k now and the issue has never happened again. Fingers crossed it stays that way.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
I've had this code come and go probably 15-20 times since I bought my Jeep back in April. I had it as recently as yesterday but it was gone this morning. I was getting the CEL so many times I bought a cheap bluetooth OBDII module on Amazon so I could verify what code it was kicking out. Each time it has been P0607.
I finally took mine into the shop to be looked at. My CEL (P0607) got to the point where it was on more than off, at least 4 times a week. I had checked all the fuses and grounds and never saw any issues there. According to the Service Advisor (and the paperwork) they re-flashed the PCM with updated software. We'll see if that fixes it.

Sponsored

BDBoston

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP Wrangler Unlimited
Just happened to me yesterday. New JLU 2020 bought in June with 10K miles. Remote start wasn't working and I discovered the engine light was on. Checked and it was P0607 with no other codes. Car starts with remote start but then turns off after a few seconds and message appears on dash - Remote start disables. Restart to activate. Of course restarting just starts the cycle over again because the check light is still on. Did this two or three times and gave up, but the next morning the engine light had cleared, without using the car. I hope this doesn't turn into an electrical gremlin. The exact reason we spend a crazy amount of money on a new car.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just happened to me yesterday. New JLU 2020 bought in June with 10K miles. Remote start wasn't working and I discovered the engine light was on. Checked and it was P0607 with no other codes. Car starts with remote start but then turns off after a few seconds and message appears on dash - Remote start disables. Restart to activate. Of course restarting just starts the cycle over again because the check light is still on. Did this two or three times and gave up, but the next morning the engine light had cleared, without using the car. I hope this doesn't turn into an electrical gremlin. The exact reason we spend a crazy amount of money on a new car.
Good afternoon!

Super sorry to hear about the concerns you've been experiencing recently. If either of you are currently working with your Jeep dealers, or would like me to look into this further for you, please send our JeepCares team a private message! Otherwise, we hope everything gets resolved quickly. Have an awesome night!

Courtney
Jeep Cares

VSundet

First Name
Vern
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Limited Rubicon Recon
Good afternoon!

Super sorry to hear about the concerns you've been experiencing recently. If either of you are currently working with your Jeep dealers, or would like me to look into this further for you, please send our JeepCares team a private message! Otherwise, we hope everything gets resolved quickly. Have an awesome night!

Courtney
Jeep Cares
So here is latest update, 14000 miles brought to dealer they performed a PCM firmware upgrade,
I will let you know in a month if it is fixed.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
So here is latest update, 14000 miles brought to dealer they performed a PCM firmware upgrade,
I will let you know in a month if it is fixed.
Sounds good, VSundet. We'll be here if you need assistance.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored