Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
A huge congratulations to you !!!

Wow... awesome looking Jeep... three things I love about your configurations... I wish I knew, anyways:
  • Yellow an option for half doors Jeep
  • Interior dash in black rather than red (I don’t like the red)
  • Those awesome cream color seats
Thanks for sharing. Very relevant to me. I’m six foot tall and will have to drive 8 hours to bring it home. Hopefully I can move boxes around.

I wonder how to check that no half door components are missing. How many boxes?
6 boxes: 2x rear doors, 2x rear uppers, 2x front doors and uppers.

Some notes from the install:
  • The front uppers were in the wrong boxes.
  • The window adjustment instructions aren't clear. Effectively: turn the nut clockwise with the 8mm wrench to loosen the bolt of the post, then adjust the bolt with the 3mm hex, then tighten the nut with the wrench counter clockwise to complete the adjustment. When adjusting the bolt, turn the 3mm hex counter clockwise to bring the top of the upper closer to the frame.
  • When adjusting the upper, take care not to flex the post. If flexed too far outwards, it will make it very difficult to pull the upper off of the door.
  • The half doors are 150% worth the price. My goodness, as soon as I went for a drive with the half doors, I just knew it was the right decision to get it!
Some pics with the half doors:
Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay PXL_20210527_215240079
Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay PXL_20210527_220015935
Sponsored

Last edited:

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
Mine is still KzT the 15th. I emailed US Customer Care to see if there is an update .. I'm slowing down I'm bothering my dealer to only once a week.

taxjoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2-door Wrangler Rubicon (ordered 4/3/21)
Just seeing kfoo's pics just makes the waiting even worse. My patience is wearing thin. Finally got my window sticker from Crypto early on Sunday, 5/23/21 and my dealer says it should arrive at the rail yard by 6/11/21 and at the dealer a couple of days later. We'll see.

I wonder if I did a build on the jeep configurator and then did a search dealers for my build - maybe it will find "my jeep" and it will show in transit. Another thing to do while I wait...

FunWagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JK
6 boxes: 2x rear doors, 2x rear uppers, 2x front doors and uppers.

Some notes from the install:
  • The front uppers were in the wrong boxes.
  • The window adjustment instructions aren't clear. Effectively: turn the nut clockwise with the 8mm wrench to loosen the bolt of the post, then adjust the bolt with the 3mm hex, then tighten the nut with the wrench counter clockwise to complete the adjustment. Turn the 3mm hex counter clockwise to bring the top of the upper closer to the frame.
  • When adjusting the upper, take care not to flex the post. If flexed too far outwards, it will make it very difficult to pull the upper off of the door.
  • The half doors are 150% worth the price. My goodness, as soon as I went for a drive with the half doors, I just knew it was the right decision to get it!
Some pics with the half doors:
PXL_20210527_215240079.jpg
PXL_20210527_220015935.jpg
Thanks for boxes info.

Brain overload with install details, but saved for later.

Sponsored

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looks great! Is that Nacho or Hellayella?
Thanks! It's HellaYella!

I was debating between HellaYella and nacho actually, but I didn't like the nacho in person.

I chose to wait until I sold my car before ordering since I wasn't sure if I'd be able to get the money I wanted and would have gotten gecko if it took even longer.

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just seeing kfoo's pics just makes the waiting even worse. My patience is wearing thin. Finally got my window sticker from Crypto early on Sunday, 5/23/21 and my dealer says it should arrive at the rail yard by 6/11/21 and at the dealer a couple of days later. We'll see.

I wonder if I did a build on the jeep configurator and then did a search dealers for my build - maybe it will find "my jeep" and it will show in transit. Another thing to do while I wait...
It'll totally be worth the wait! Just make sure not to rush things and check the fuses! 😁

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Jeep Grand Cherokee X4, 2017 GMC Sierra
I got my build sheet today. Seems sometimes this means shipping is days away. Sometimes it means it's weeks away. Here's hoping for the shorter window!

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I got my build sheet today. Seems sometimes this means shipping is days away. Sometimes it means it's weeks away. Here's hoping for the shorter window!
My Jeep has been built and is now "pending installation of additional equipment", AKA purgatory.

How is everyone else's orders progressing?

Sponsored

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
Just curious, are you able to order half doors with the Skyroof? edit: just tried to search based on that, and at least none in inventory near me. If you can't order it that way, does anyone know if they will fit with a Skyroof?

Are the half doors able to be ordered separately from the Jeep purchase?

jhackathorne

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR
Just curious, are you able to order half doors with the Skyroof?
Have not tried, but I believe you can. The 392 when debuted had both options. That would be one expensive Jeep though! Adding 9k or so just in 2 options!!!

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
Have not tried, but I believe you can. The 392 when debuted had both options. That would be one expensive Jeep though! Adding 9k or so just in 2 options!!!
No doubt, but just curious if they will work. I want half doors, my wife wants a sky roof. Heck, it may be heavy, but can't the skyroof be removed similar to a hard top removal? My thought was sky roof with full doors, and half doors with no roof. Sounds perfect!

ShaunBJeeps

First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious, are you able to order half doors with the Skyroof? edit: just tried to search based on that, and at least none in inventory near me. If you can't order it that way, does anyone know if they will fit with a Skyroof?

Are the half doors able to be ordered separately from the Jeep purchase?
My ordered Jeep has half doors & the power top.

ВџУМεΆј℮℮℗

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMC GREMLIN, GMC SIERRA, 21 WILLYS
Tomorrow is the big day for me however it is sitting in my garage tonight already. I would love to show a picture with the half doors on but technically they're still in the back. Just in case the deal falls through. I'm just posting a picture of how much room the two door dual door owners have. I'll have some more pictures once it's actually mine. Somewhere back there better be a small box of parts of the cold air intake ..😆
Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay 20210604_175049
Jeep Wrangler JL Orders with half doors on delay 20210604_175110
Sponsored