Sponsored

Factory Half Doors with soft top

fabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranglers
I was looking to order a base sport with the factory half doors. It gives you the option to select premium or standard uppers, but it doesn't have the option for premium soft top. Has anyone ordered a base sport with the premium half doors. Curious to see if it came with the premium soft top. Thanks
Sponsored

The Duke

First Name
Jkyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Toyota 4Runner '07 Nissan 350Z
The premium upper on a base sport requires the hardtop for selection. At this time they don't offer the premium soft top for the base sport. You would have to order the premium soft top from either the dealer or aftermarket.

That is how it's configured for a 2 door, I have no clue for the 4 door model.

I'm curious what the standard uppers look like compared to the premium uppers. I've yet to see a picture of anything other than the premium.

Cheers...

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

The premium upper on a base sport requires the hardtop for selection. At this time they don't offer the premium soft top for the base sport. You would have to order the premium soft top from either the dealer or aftermarket.

That is how it's configured for a 2 door, I have no clue for the 4 door model.

I'm curious what the standard uppers look like compared to the premium uppers. I've yet to see a picture of anything other than the premium.

Cheers...
Standard uppers will look the same, but slightly more gray and prone to fading as it’s a different textile than the premium top and uppers.

NJJeep Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hella Yella JLU
Half doors are packed in the Jeep under the hard top due to the required space for the boxes. The soft top mounting points hit the boxes. I found this out when I bought doors from another member here. Played a fun game of tetris to fit everything
Personally the boxes could be sized a bit better, and could fit with in the soft top. Jeep chose better packing for the half doors instead.

OP
OP
fabes

fabes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wranglers
Maybe it’s a glitch in the build and price tool, but it’s definitely letting me select a soft top with half doors.

Sponsored

R3TRO

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Willys
Occupation
Film Industry
My understanding is that you can only get premium uppers with hard top or premium soft top. Since the sport only comes with standard top, it's a no go. I too have been trying to decide on my sport build as I really want the half doors!

Falcor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru Forester, 2011 Subaru Legacy GT
Awhile back the build site would only let you get half doors with the hard top. I did notice that they now allow you to get them with the softop. As a side note, if you order the half doors you will also get power windows and locks on the full doors. That's my plan for a base Gladiator in a few months.

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99tj 21 2dr willys sport, 22 4dr willys sport XR
Power windows, power locks and heated and power adjustable mirrors on the full doors. Power adjustable and heated mirrors and also power locks on the half doors.
Sponsored