Ordering Today

ducatijosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler High Tide
Hello, Currently I have a stock Rubicon Gladiator sitting on 35" BFG KO2s and with the memorial day says I'm looking at pulling the trigger on some stuff.

Options.

Looking at the Clayton Overland plus lift kits in either 2.5 or 3.5"

I would like to continue to run my 35's for a year or so then upgrade to the nitto ridge grappler 38's (which measure 36.5") Im thinking the 3.5" lift might make my 35's look way too small for the interim but i'm worried about fitting the 38's on the 2.5" ...Tempted to go 2.5" and then get split my front fenders with an American adventure lab kit if i need to, thoughts? Would that be enough?

Another reason i'm shying away from the 3.5" is the necessity for a front drive shaft and rear brake lines right out of the gate, as well as just being higher than needed.

For shocks, i'll probably just snag some basic Fox 2.0's so I have more time to decide where I really want to go with it. the 2.5" DSC adjustable ones are on sale but I dont feel I have enough time to fully understand what shock length I want on them, I've heard stories of guys having their springs unseat from the perches while flexing.

Any last minute thoughts before I order?
Sponsored

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hello, Currently I have a stock Rubicon Gladiator sitting on 35" BFG KO2s and with the memorial day says I'm looking at pulling the trigger on some stuff.

Options.

Looking at the Clayton Overland plus lift kits in either 2.5 or 3.5"

I would like to continue to run my 35's for a year or so then upgrade to the nitto ridge grappler 38's (which measure 36.5") Im thinking the 3.5" lift might make my 35's look way too small for the interim but i'm worried about fitting the 38's on the 2.5" ...Tempted to go 2.5" and then get split my front fenders with an American adventure lab kit if i need to, thoughts? Would that be enough?

Another reason i'm shying away from the 3.5" is the necessity for a front drive shaft and rear brake lines right out of the gate, as well as just being higher than needed.

For shocks, i'll probably just snag some basic Fox 2.0's so I have more time to decide where I really want to go with it. the 2.5" DSC adjustable ones are on sale but I dont feel I have enough time to fully understand what shock length I want on them, I've heard stories of guys having their springs unseat from the perches while flexing.

Any last minute thoughts before I order?
Don’t worry about DS with 3.5” lift, it’s the extended length of the shocks that will determine that …. Anything 29” or longer will need front DS. The 38s will look stuffed on 2.5” lift unless you get more height than advertised, which is common….you can always add coil spacers when you get the 38s if just need an inch or less to make it work and look good….Get the shocks for 3-4” lift with either 2.5 or 3.5” lift, and dial them in with bumps, because as I mentioned, there’s no way you’re gonna get exactly 2.5” of lift…...