Bought Mopar 2in lift today

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
I went to the dealership today to check out a Billet Silver Rubicon they had on the lift . Even had the soft top. Anyway I went to the parts counter and asked the gentleman to check on the Mopar lift. He checked and said he has a couple on order. Also said the owner specific orders are placed before the " Shelf " orders. He then checked all the lifts within a 50 mile radius. To both of our surprise's there were a lot at dealers in the area. He made a call to the closed dealer and BAM! I had a lift. Paid for it and should have it Monday.....

Curious about the bend in the springs......Would they continue to sell lifts with springs that are causing all the problems? Has it been corrected ? or are they ignoring the issue?

Still need my jeep to be delivered ! waiting waiting and waiting ....
Sponsored

OP
OP
fzdan4256

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
fzdan4256,

You asked if Jeep "would continue to sell lifts with springs that are causing all the problems". Respectfully, I've seen a couple of springs bowing onto the bumpstop strut, but haven't heard anything about crashes, deaths, injuries, loss of control, broken components, unseated springs...nothing. The main noise I hear is from people - who don't own the lift - calling it dangerous, flawed, and defective.

Yes, if I bought the lift and had a bowed spring I would want to swap it for a spring that wasn't bowed. But I would drive the vehicle until the new spring arrived.

Based on my semi-limited experience with suspension work, I believe you bought a quality product. The inclusion of the lower control arms for the front axle tells me Jeep cares about proper geometry. The brake lines, ABS cables, etc., are long enough from the factory; Jeep has obviously done their homework to try to make modifications easier for you and I.

Thanks for listening, I hope you enjoy your new lift!

Randy

P.S. You'll enjoy it more if you install it yourself...
I would have to agree with your assessment completely. Thx for the input