Sponsored

Ordered vs. Purchased on the lot

Did you order or did you purchase off the lot?

• Total voters

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
I took my 2012 JK Altitude in for a state inspection and they had a JLUR on the lot almost exactly like I would have ordered it - Black on Black, 3.6L, Automatic, Cold Weather, Towing, LED, Infotainment, Safety, Steel Bumpers, Hard Top... literally the only thing I would have ordered that was missing was the proximity entry. The rest is history... I did not get my state inspection :rock:
Sponsored

Daniel

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 RAM 1500 SXT, 2018 JLR 2dr Punk'n Metalic 6 Spd
I was planning on ordering, but found the one I was looking for. Sacrificed cold weather, but got the upgraded granite crystal wheels. Overall I'm very happy, I don't have the most patience and I rarely use heated seats anyway.
Wow, you found a 6 speed on the lot? I searched every dealer's inventory in Ontario, Canada and there were 0 with a standard tranny.

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Had to build, since the manual is so rare for dealers to keep in stock. Still haven’t seen one to this day.
Aye. My local dealer tells me they're getting their first one in a week.

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

That One Guy

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda Accord coupe, V6 6-speed manual; ordered 2018 JL Sport 6MT with A/C and anti-spin. D status.
Same here. Manual. Premium soft top. Sting-gray.

Ive waited 5 years so I'm getting exactly what i want.

I would much rather buy off the lot but it wasn't going to happen.
THIS.

I turned down buying my dream TJ Wrangler in 2013. I've wanted one since first sitting in one in 2009. I have also waited many years.

So, my Wrangler is going to have my exacting specifications! 2 door. Manual. Crazy color. Sport.

Tar Heel Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Willys Sport, JT Mojave, Sold JLU Sport S
Occupation
Cigar & IPA Snob
Was going to order, but wife didn't want to wait because my daughter needed my old car sooner than later. Had options narrowed down and would have taken anything close in either Granite or Billet. Found exactly what I wanted - manual, Granite, uconnect 7", LSD, soft top out of state. It was in transit so no one got to test drive it before I took possession. Had no idea of price increases to come either obviously. Got pretty dang lucky!

Well, except my daughter totaled my old car within a month of me getting the Jeep. Now looking for a used car.

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Was going to order, but wife didn't want to wait because my daughter needed my old car sooner than later. Had options narrowed down and would have taken anything close in either Granite or Billet. Found exactly what I wanted - manual, Granite, uconnect 7", LSD, soft top out of state. It was in transit so no one got to test drive it before I took possession. Had no idea of price increases to come either obviously. Got pretty dang lucky!

Well, except my daughter totaled my old car within a month of me getting the Jeep. Now looking for a used car.
Bummer on the old car.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I would have loved to order but couldn't risk the value of my trade-in be affected due the expiration of the three-year warranty approaching and because the 2019 models of the Cherokee were close to hitting the lots, devaluating the price of my 15 trade-in. I was able to find the Sahara I wanted with everything I wanted plus a little more.

After seeing so many Rubicons on the forum, I kinda wished I had paid a little extra more and gone with one but the Sahara has everything I wanted plus more, so I should be grateful.

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
After seeing so many Rubicons on the forum, I kinda wished I had paid a little extra more and gone with one but the Sahara has everything I wanted plus more, so I should be grateful.
I really like the look of the Rubicon myself, but they were just over my price range. That and getting the 4.10 Axles for a daily driver wasn't quite going to work out for me.

Sponsored

Kahdir

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I used to order cars, but now I just search on Cars.com for what I want and let the dealers fight for my business.
The reason I stopped ordering is due to my 2011 5.0 Mustang GT order... sometimes you can be too early and get penalized by holds/inspections.

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I got lucky and bought one off the lot that had exactly what I wanted. Nothing more, nothing less. Exact.

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the look of the Rubicon myself, but they were just over my price range. That and getting the 4.10 Axles for a daily driver wasn't quite going to work out for me.
Yup, that's true. It wouldn't be ideal for the daily driving environment. If I would've gotten a Rubi with the same options my Sahara has, it would have been $3k more. I probably could've made it happen but it was stretching it too much.

OP
OP
Sean L

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, that's true. It wouldn't be ideal for the daily driving environment. If I would've gotten a Rubi with the same options my Sahara has, it would have been $3k more. I probably could've made it happen but it was stretching it too much.
If Money was no issue then I'd wait for next year and get the Rubicon with the Diesel engine. :rock:

zodleviton

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...still waiting
Back on 01-09-2108 when I ordered mine, there weren’t any on the lots out here in AZ...then my neighbor shows up last week with a shiny new Jeep, and I’m still waiting like a dummy (because I ordered the dual top I guess)...so, I’m sad. But happy I was able to customize my order and not have to pay for extra things that I simply don’t use.

For instance, my neighbor got the “cold weather package”...no I know there is a storm back east. But it’s 83 degrees in Phoenix today!
Sponsored