BernMason

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Sting-gray w/ Turbocharged 2.0 L DOHC I4
Occupation
PM
Vehicle Showcase
Line-X'd my 04 TJ and loved it. It completely opened up the realms of freedom. Not worrying about rain with the top down - sure! Dust/mud during the summer...no problem! Hose it out - yup! Not worrying about rotting out the floorboards during the salt season (winter) - you betcha!

BUT...with this JL, I'm more worried about all the electronics in the dash, etc than applying line-x and not worrying about the rain. It just seems too nice.
Great point on electronics.

I mentioned this on another thread but am still not good at linking/crossposting, but I *rarely* have my hardtop on except in winter months - where I live, rain is a rarity - and run the @mastertop summer combo of the Bimini/tonneau cover to supplement Line-X. I have been caught in rain and been okay with it. No real water seepage onto electronics, especially in front cab where the majority live. If any water gets in, pull drainage and good.

The main nuisance I encounter is dust, but I kinda made my bed on that one.
Sponsored

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
Punkin.... gets a lot of attention.
Soft top- yes at 80 it does get a little noisy, but, i usually have a window cracked anyway so it doesnt bother me.
other then that mine is pretty basic sport s. i like it, i have fun with it, definitely some things ill do different on the next one.