Sponsored

Has anyone ordered a premium soft top seperately from Jeep purchased?

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
I might be ordering a softop soon but just wondering if anyone has done this and has had any luck receiving theirs given that they’ve been backordered for a while now
Sponsored

MikeinMD

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Convertible, 2003 Z71 Suburban, 2018 JLU Sahara
I might be ordering a softop soon but just wondering if anyone has done this and has had any luck receiving theirs given that they’ve been backordered for a while now
I ordered the Dual Top Group and it shipped without the soft top and I have not received it yet.

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
So far no luck ordering a soft top. Dealership is saying they can't access in the system. I looked in to doing a factory order with dual top group but can't wait that long. Doesn't appear to be anything aftermarket available either. Not sure what to do and sure don't feel like paying more later on.

Johnlm007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR - Sting-Gray
As Mike mentioned, the premium soft-top is currently on backorder. As such, Jeep is shipping dual-top vehicle orders short the premium soft-top. Jeep contacted me a few days ago to ask if I would take delivery of my order short the soft-top, then deliver to my house when it becomes available. My point, from the looks of it, the supplier is so far behind supporting new build production, it will likely be some time before the premium soft-top is made available to purchase separate.

Sponsored

dave.j.fisher

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
As Mike mentioned, the premium soft-top is currently on backorder. As such, Jeep is shipping dual-top vehicle orders short the premium soft-top. Jeep contacted me a few days ago to ask if I would take delivery of my order short the soft-top, then deliver to my house when it becomes available. My point, from the looks of it, the supplier is so far behind supporting new build production, it will likely be some time before the premium soft-top is made available to purchase separate.
Would you be willing to share who contacted you? I'd be willing to volunteer for that separate top shipping. I asked my dealer and he said not worry as they had all the necessary parts and he had no way of doing that anyway. I'd be happy to send an email or make a phone call, rather than sitting on some lot for months on end.

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I wouldn’t drop the money ordering the a soft top through the dealer, it’ll be a rip off. Depends on how fast you want to get one, keep your eyes on Craigslist as eventually people got a dual top will be offloading their soft tops there. I’d also say keep an eye on the Bestop web site. If I’m not mistaken they’re the manufacturer who makes the soft tops for the Wrangler. It wasn’t immediately clear if they had tops for the JL available already, however if they don’t they will soon.

Johnlm007

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLUR - Sting-Gray
Would you be willing to share who contacted you? I'd be willing to volunteer for that separate top shipping. I asked my dealer and he said not worry as they had all the necessary parts and he had no way of doing that anyway. I'd be happy to send an email or make a phone call, rather than sitting on some lot for months on end.
Hi Dave, FCA contacted my dealership. They in turn (my sales guy) contacted me. I would suggest that you force the issue with your dealership. They will then work with their manufacturer's representative and/or the brand mentor. J

brow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Black JLU
Just out of curiosity, how much do dealers charge for soft tops after the fact? When I go on the jeep.ca site and build a JL it shows the soft top as a $900 option.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Just out of curiosity, how much do dealers charge for soft tops after the fact? When I go on the jeep.ca site and build a JL it shows the soft top as a $900 option.
Expect roughly $2,000

Sponsored

Kevman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sahara Granite Crystal, Audi A5
Wait, you can't order a Wrangler with the Premium soft top equipped? When I went to put my order in, they were able to put it in the system. I didn't end up ordering because of a bait and switch price-wise, but they could put it in the system. This was on Wednesday.

Grindhouseknives

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Bright White JLU Sport S
Morris 4x4 Center has the MOPAR tops listed on their website but they are back ordered. I contacted them and was told that there is no ETA on their arrival either. The standard top is listed at $1500 and the premium is listed at $2150 but at least shipping is free!!

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Mildly off topic OP, you have me thinking....has anyone tried to order a basic soft top yet?

Here's why. Every Dual Top order implies a basic (and standard) soft top surrendered back to FCA for a credit towards the Dual Top cost, that would speak to basic soft top inventory.

Just sayin'

Hughesonthenet

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ocean Blue 2018 Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
Wait, you can't order a Wrangler with the Premium soft top equipped? When I went to put my order in, they were able to put it in the system. I didn't end up ordering because of a bait and switch price-wise, but they could put it in the system. This was on Wednesday.
Yes, you can. The discussion above is over the fact that FCA has been short on Premium Soft Tops and therefore builds have been delayed. You most definitely can order your new JL with a soft top. However, because there has been a shortage of those coming on newly built JLs, they have not been selling the Premium Soft Tops separately yet because priority is the availability of the part for new builds.

drbsp

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler Unlimited 75th Anniversary Edition
Does anybody know what the wind noise is like on the premium soft top? No dealership in area seems to have a soft top for me to drive on highway and I was thinking of ordering as my top of choice on a build. However, the last soft top I had on was on a 2007. I make a lot of phone calls in car and that one was way too noisy. So, my 2016 has the freedom top. I am now considering a build and like the access to sun that the soft top affords. However, if it still noisy then maybe I need to consider going with the freedom top again. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Sponsored