Sponsored

Ordered my 4xe today - Breakdown and prices

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
So some of the dealers offer a $1000 immediate rebate/incentive if you finance through Chrysler capital... but your sale price will go up $1000 if you finance through somebody else. You will also lose the $1000 (price going up by that amt) if you still finance through Chrysler capital but use a promotional APR such as the current 0.0% over 36 months. Is it just me, or does that situation just seem strange? Just kinda bugging me that itā€™s 0% or the $1000 rebate, not both.

For an approximate $47,000 loan at say 3%, that comes to about $2200 in interest paid over the life of the loan....assuming 0% x 36 months sticks around, going with that will cost me an extra $1000 on the sale price but doing so will save $2200 in interest at the end of the loan.

I suppose at the end of the day, nobody is selling cars to be your buddy but to make some moola..
Sponsored

DowntownTaco

First Name
Brendan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.auffenbergcdjr.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4XE, 2022 392 XR
Occupation
Jeep Sales
So some of the dealers offer a $1000 immediate rebate/incentive if you finance through Chrysler capital... but your sale price will go up $1000 if you finance through somebody else. You will also lose the $1000 (price going up by that amt) if you still finance through Chrysler capital but use a promotional APR such as the current 0.0% over 36 months. Is it just me, or does that situation just seem strange? Just kinda bugging me that itā€™s 0% or the $1000 rebate, not both.

For an approximate $47,000 loan at say 3%, that comes to about $2200 in interest paid over the life of the loan....assuming 0% x 36 months sticks around, going with that will cost me an extra $1000 on the sale price but doing so will save $2200 in interest at the end of the loan.

I suppose at the end of the day, nobody is selling cars to be your buddy but to make some moola..

I'm not seeing a $1,000 CCAP rebate on this vehicle, so it isn't a rebate, but a dealer discount. They only offer it when you set up traditional financing with them so they are allowed to make money on the finance. At a promotional APR, they have no opportunity to make the money back, so no reason to offer the $1,000...

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Yah, I get it. Just a way for the dealer to make a few bucks.

maybe Iā€™m just a fan of the old days where you got a better deal if you had some $, you had excellent credit, the dealers knew that they were going to get their money. If you didnā€™t have great credit then they would make more money on you via a higher APR since you are more of a financial risk.

unfortunate that some of the dealers canā€™t give you that incentive as well as a 0 or ultra low APR if youā€™re known to be ā€œgood for itā€

dunehole

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Sahara 4xe (on order), Subaru Legacy
Can't you just take the 1k discount, and then turn around and refinance with your Credit Union/Bank as soon as the deal as done? That is what I did with a previous Ford purchase... they can't stop you from refinancing.

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Can't you just take the 1k discount, and then turn around and refinance with your Credit Union/Bank as soon as the deal as done? That is what I did with a previous Ford purchase... they can't stop you from refinancing.
Yah. A good option. Will Iā€™ll have to wait and see what happens as time of delivery approaches....and see what options are available.

stickling9

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe; 2013 vw gli; 2022 Maverick Hybrid
Occupation
engineer
hey, saw two 4xe at a dealer at the ORIGINAL base price of 47800. I was wondering how they were so cheap MSRP and discovered that. Sooo, if anyone wants to buy one with 3K under at the starting point - here you go (Monmouth, IL)
Jeep Wrangler JL Ordered my 4xe today - Breakdown and prices 1629464432940
Sponsored