Sponsored

ORDERED! JLU Rubicon Firecracker Red

BGJLU

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150, 2020 JLUR
Pretty sure if you’re ordering one that hasn’t been built you get a VON followed by the VIN, then you can track its status as its built at the factory..maybe this one had all the options the buyer wanted but had been preordered by the dealer already? Just a guess.... when I ordered mine the orders were sent out on 2/5..by 2/8 I had my VIN and a few days later it went to D followed by D1 status.
Just placed the order for my JLUS this morning. It was a VERY busy Saturday morning at the dealership, so Salesman said he would officially place the order this evening or Monday morning. Is the VON assigned as soon as he places the order?
Sponsored

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Just placed the order for my JLUS this morning. It was a VERY busy Saturday morning at the dealership, so Salesman said he would officially place the order this evening or Monday morning. Is the VON assigned as soon as he places the order?
I believe you get the VON as soon as the factory gets the order from the dealer and shortly after you get the VIN...

OP
OP
bueller44

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon in FireCracker Red - Loaded
The wait is killing me........still in D status

Snerf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
The wait is killing me........still in D status
It's worth it. Are you getting a soft top? Doesn't it stay light until 10 by May up in BC? You're gonna want that top down every possible moment.

OP
OP
bueller44

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's worth it. Are you getting a soft top? Doesn't it stay light until 10 by May up in BC? You're gonna want that top down every possible moment.
I know it will be worth it!
I ordered the dual top - colour matched. We have a real winter up here, so I’m not doing softtop in the winter. Plus I want it to last. Yep, it will be light out till 10 by June!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
bueller44

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Some progress - just moved into D1 status.
"Tyler: From the information available, the vehicle is currently in D1 status. So, basically waiting for its turn down the assembly line."
I know it's minimal progress, but I have been in D status for 20 days and I was getting impatient!!

It's the little things that make us happy!!

OP
OP
bueller44

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just received an email from my sales guy!

Hi Mike,
Your Jeep has now been built and we are expecting it between April 23 and April 25th.
Will keep you posted.

So as long as he means April 2018 - Oh ya, I'm excited!!!

OP
OP
bueller44

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I think it is harder to wait knowing that the Jeep has actually been built and is ready to ship. I just got bumped back a week on the potential delivery to the dealer. CHAT (which I had to give a US address to get them to give me the order info - won't give to Canadian address):
"Thank you for holding Mike. I see your ETA Window for Delivery to Dealership is 04/28/2018 - 05/02/2018. These dates are not a promise, or guarantee, can change. Vehicle has been approved for shipment but shipment arrangements have not yet been completed."
Confirmed that this is "KZ" status.

Please ship soon!!!!

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
Ok, I think it is harder to wait knowing that the Jeep has actually been built and is ready to ship. I just got bumped back a week on the potential delivery to the dealer. CHAT (which I had to give a US address to get them to give me the order info - won't give to Canadian address):
"Thank you for holding Mike. I see your ETA Window for Delivery to Dealership is 04/28/2018 - 05/02/2018. These dates are not a promise, or guarantee, can change. Vehicle has been approved for shipment but shipment arrangements have not yet been completed."

Please ship soon!!!!
I remember those days just a week ago!! It’ll be worth the wait!! Get ready to Just Empty Every Pocket......lol

SixteenPaws

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Please ship soon!!!!
Wow, ship ETAs all the way out in May? SMDH... :headbang:

Sponsored

OP
OP
bueller44

bueller44

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok, I'm sure I'm getting annoying to that people on the Chrysler Chat ..........and using a US address has worked perfectly. As of today, my new FIRECRACKER RED Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited Rubicon has left the building!!!

Quote from chat........Amber: Your order has been shipped and we have an ETA of 04/24/2018 - 04/28/2018!

Actually moved up a week from last ETA! Yes!!!
I want to start a countdown - maybe to the 28th - T-24 days until she arrives!!

fullsizeoutput_2c8e.jpeg

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Retired since 2004
8C6B520F-BC05-4689-A2A9-0DE947874F76.jpeg
Just finished working a deal and placing my order for my new Firecracker Red Rubicon 4 JLU. I am so excited to finally have done it. Was a pretty good experience. Of course I think my JKU is worth more than they are offering, but I will see if I can sell it privately between now and when the new JLU comes in.

Essentially I chose every option with the exception of the smokers group. Went with the body colored top and fenders. Totally loaded.

My son works for Dodge/Jeep as a mechanic at a different dealership so I was going to get his employee pricing. I started out by saying that I want the best price - if the employee pricing is the best, awesome - but I know of at least 3 people in British Columbia that have gotten $500 over invoice. The sales guy said that the employee pricing would be the best. I didn’t mention that I had a price from my son’s dealership that was actually about $1500-1700 over invoice - so I know it can be better.

Anyhow, the sales manager came back - I assume the sales guy said something to him - and I have $300 over invoice. Best part was that they actually gave me their copy showing MRSP and invoice (which I had already from our great forums) and he showed my the pricing that I had worked out on my own +$300. I’m pretty happy with this!! Actually, I am ecstatic!!!

Now the waiting begins - but I should be driving it by May long weekend (when all the snow and gravel is off the highways).

This is what it will look like - but I stuck with the standard rims, not these ones.
Hi there! I live in SW Colorado and bought essentially the same unit for about 8% below invoice in Idaho. For me it was worth the extra travel.. Good luck with your new Jeep, cheers Mugs

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I got my VON as soon as my deposit was acknowledged.

Mugzzzee

First Name
Hal (aka Mugs)
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired since 2004
I know I might get some pushback, but I do not like the OEM bumpers. I have chosen a RedRock 4x4 after market bumper. Any thoughts?
Sponsored