First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
I hope someone can shed some light on this for me. Between Jeep Chat and my dealer, I am totally confused. I ordered my jeep on March 26. For several weeks it has shown in "final inspection" per the dealer. This week I was informed by the dealer that it was in D status. Which per the forum means it is not yet built, correct? I was able to find the build sheet per the most excellent tool hosted here, but no window sticker. Jeep Chat says only the dealer can create a window sticker ( I don't think I believe that given what I've read here). So, what in the world is the status of my jeep? Not built? In final inspection makes me think it's built and waiting quality assurance to be shipped (Jeep Chat says it's in final inspection). But my dealer says it's in D status. Any clarity to be offered? At this point, I am beginning to think I'll never see my Jeep! Help!
Sponsored

amprice4

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 4XE
It sounds to me like your Jeep has been built and is in inspection. Ask the dealer to send you a copy of the POC and it will give you the updated status and estimated ship date. It will also be date/time stamped when they pull it.

I think what might be happening is that the dealer contact didn't actually look up the POC and either went off an old status or possibly a spreadsheet that they keep internally that wasn't updated.

OP
OP
markbum

markbum

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Islander
Occupation
Executive Director
It sounds to me like your Jeep has been built and is in inspection. Ask the dealer to send you a copy of the POC and it will give you the updated status and estimated ship date. It will also be date/time stamped when they pull it.

I think what might be happening is that the dealer contact didn't actually look up the POC and either went off an old status or possibly a spreadsheet that they keep internally that wasn't updated.
Thank you. I will reach out to the dealer today. Not to sound ignorant (but to be ignorant!) what is POC?

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
Thank you. I will reach out to the dealer today. Not to sound ignorant (but to be ignorant!) what is POC?
Priced Order Confirmation. It should have the vehicle order number VON, and at this point, the VIN.

supermike

First Name
mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR 6 speed 2021 JLUR 392
Steve is right, just ask for POC and your most updated status is on there. Sales are lazy if not shady, it's a FCA dealer and integrity is on the Botton of their list. So make sure you either get the screenshot showing their ordering page, or get the POC. Jeep chat is not always correct, they copy and paste and give out incorrect information all the time. Your dealer is the most accurate source to get any info regarding your order.
Sponsored