Order duration

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
Anyone know the duration from order placed to JL delivery? I am in SoCal if that matters much.
Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Anyone know the duration from order placed to JL delivery? I am in SoCal if that matters much.
No, nobody has received one and some have orders in since October. It is going to be a while before they are fully ramped up and go through the backlog in order to have a deterministic order to delivery timeframe.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
No, nobody has received one and some have orders in since October. It is going to be a while before they are fully ramped up and go through the backlog in order to have a deterministic order to delivery timeframe.
My dealer ordered one, totally blind, in August! And it's just now shipped.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
My dealer ordered one, totally blind, in August! And it's just now shipped.

I know a lot of people ordered them months ago, but I really doubt anything was being done in any meaningful production terms until the last 30-40 days ..Im guessing if you ordered in the last few weeks after launch, 6-8 weeks until delivery, just a guess so we will see.

Sponsored

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I know a lot of people ordered them months ago, but I really doubt anything was being done in any meaningful production terms until the last 30-40 days ..Im guessing if you ordered in the last few weeks after launch, 6-8 weeks until delivery, just a guess so we will see.
Don't forget the backlog...all of the dealer allocations and sold orders placed over the past 3 months and the fact that they aren't even at full production yet, far from it. I see 6-8 weeks being realistic months from now.

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Don't forget the backlog...all of the dealer allocations and sold orders placed over the past 3 months and the fact that they aren't even at full production yet, far from it. I see 6-8 weeks being realistic months from now.
you might be right, I also think it is going to have a lot to do with how they are spec'd at order and availability of those items etc.

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
you might be right, I also think it is going to have a lot to do with how they are spec'd at order and availability of those items etc.
ACE Engineering got their first JL today. I'm not sure their order date, though. This one, by the way, appears to be theirs, for real.

simpleJL

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR
I'd imagine the orders will speed up in the next month. The people who ordered months ago were before production really started. As things ramp up I am sure the wait will be 6-8 weeks as others have suggested.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
How did he do that? The order banks weren't opened until October.
I have no idea but I saw with my own eyes. Now like others have said, its not like it started then, but maybe it started fairly early in the process though (depending on how it was configured, Im guessing).

Sponsored

OP
OP
Martindfletcher

Martindfletcher

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ducati 1299s, 2018 JLUR
I have no idea but I saw with my own eyes. Now like others have said, its not like it started then, but maybe it started fairly early in the process though (depending on how it was configured, Im guessing).
I was told 8-10 weeks after they process the order January 15th.

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I ordered mine Jan 2. Currently in D status. Sales guy said I might see it in 4 weeks, so 5 weeks total. But as stated, no one really knows yet.

Muddog

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saturn Ion
How many days from date of order does it typically take until you get a VIN?

Jolonghorn

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
How many days from date of order does it typically take until you get a VIN?
I gave my dealer the deposit on 29-Dec but I don't think he entered it into the system until 2-Jan. I got my VIN on 8-Jan - so about 6 days from order date.

Jetg

First Name
Jet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' 911 convertible, 18' Macan PP
Jolonghorn what dealer and what percentage off? We will be ordering shortly and just trying to see what options we want
Sponsored