Sponsored

Oracle reverse lights wire routing from outside to inside?

JSFoster75

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Mojito), 2022 JLR (Tuscadero)
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you who used Oracle's supplied harness, or ran your own wires for their reverse lights, at what location did you route the wires from the exterior to the interior? I will also be routing a wire to the aux switches and connecting to the the aux wires in the passenger footwell, which shouldn't be too difficult once I get the harness inside the vehicle to attach to the reverse light wiring.

Why not route them up under the hood and connect to the Aux wires there?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Robnfl

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
I have done the running of the single wire from the Aux bundle, down the passenger frame rail at least 10 times... A few on 2 doors and a few on the 4 doors. (for other owner's)

Running the frame rail is easy easy on a 2 door and on;y a tad less easy with a 4 dr. With the 4 dr. the rail has a bend that takes a little longer to transverse. It is still easy goings though. I just use a metal coat hangar.

Place your one diode up front, right where you hook up to the Aux wire.
I've got the lights installed and connected to the wiring on the passenger side tail light using Oracle's harness.
I looked at the possible routing through the frame rail, and honestly I can't see how that is accomplished, especially back where the frame rail bends up above the rear axle. I'm sure there's a way to route through the frame rails, but it escapes me.
So, I used @threeve method and ran the wire through the grommet in the right rear tail light location. From there it was an easy route up to the passenger's footwell. I still have to wire in the diodes and connect everything up.

OP
OP
Robnfl

Robnfl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 3.0 Diesel - Firecracker Red
Occupation
Retired USN
Well, not only is this simple light install becoming a week long project, I ran into a bigger problem while climbing around under the Jeep... There is oil dripping from my right rear axle, near the wheel. It's definitely oil and not brake fluid. It's been leaking for a while because the oil has sprayed out around the wheel and tire. More than likely it's just an axle seal, but this is totally UNSAT, especially for a vehicle with only 1,100 miles on it. I've got an appointment with dealer Wednesday...they better have a loaner that I can use.
Jeep Wrangler JL Oracle reverse lights wire routing from outside to inside? 20210708_195635

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I've got the lights installed and connected to the wiring on the passenger side tail light using Oracle's harness.
I looked at the possible routing through the frame rail, and honestly I can't see how that is accomplished, especially back where the frame rail bends up above the rear axle. I'm sure there's a way to route through the frame rails, but it escapes me.
So, I used @threeve method and ran the wire through the grommet in the right rear tail light location. From there it was an easy route up to the passenger's footwell. I still have to wire in the diodes and connect everything up.
@Robnfl

Well, as long as you ran the wire somehow .... make sure when you wire in the diodes you get the in/out right.

I have run wire through the 2 dr. passenger side frame rail a few times and no issue/very easy..
I have run wire through the 4 dr. more then 6 times and it is a tad harder to do then the 2dr.. With the 4 door you have that bend in the frame rail in the rear..... with a wire coat hangar you work at it a bit and can fairly easily get the wire through... Just mentioning this so others do not get the idea that they cannot run through the 4 dr. frame rail.
Sponsored