Chrismeece74

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Freedom Unlimited
Wait and hurry up...

Such a long slog with no movement... then movement... then the regress... but now things seem to be happening pretty fast. Went "In Production" on the 2nd and I had a build sheet on the 5th. Now, I see a window sticker. Very exciting. I know shipping is a whole other maze to go through, but it's easier to wait knowing the Jeep now exists.
Almost there
Sponsored

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Meanwhile, my list of potential Amazon goodies has shifted from my Wish List to a Holiday Wish List. Ahhh, the holidays... where we all get to crowd-source our mods with the help of friends and family. Every addiction needs some enablers after all... :)

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
I keep coming back hoping to see pics of your new Jeep (apologies you are still waiting). And every time I fight the urge to ask a question with a follow-up question/suggestion. Until today.

Is your forum name, Opus, a reference to Bloom County?

If so, did you consider The Giant Purple Snorklewacker as a name for your Jeep?

If not, just ignore that second question.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I keep coming back hoping to see pics of your new Jeep (apologies you are still waiting). And every time I fight the urge to ask a question with a follow-up question/suggestion. Until today.

Is your forum name, Opus, a reference to Bloom County?

If so, did you consider The Giant Purple Snorklewacker as a name for your Jeep?

If not, just ignore that second question.
It is.... and I did...
Jeep Wrangler JL Opus' Purple People Eater Build Thread 379e4b4a2a8d62a707cfa316a481edf0

But he seems more Snazzberry to me... :)

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I deleted some bookmarks today. Once I saw my window sticker on Cryptostickers the app pretty much served its function for me. I also realized that I didn't need so many trackers. So, now I'm down to Jeep Tracker and the pizza tracker. In an odd way it was a bit like saying goodbye to friends. They've kept me occupied... sometimes preoccupied... since mid July. Now I'm just waiting to hear the Jeep has officially shipped. At that point, I'll say goodbye to the trackers and wait to hear from the dealer.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Wait and hurry up even faster...

This is getting bizarre. When I went into "In Production" the estimated delivery date was 12/12. Then it went to 11/17. Today, I email the dealer and discover the Jeep shipped yesterday at around 6pm and now the tracker has updated the delivery date to 11/14... Monday. Craziness. The other thing I can't help but notice is that when I started this journey, my dealer said to expect 3-4 months. If the Jeep arrives on Monday it will be exactly one day shy of 4 months...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
At long last, the Jeep is finally home...
Jeep Wrangler JL Opus' Purple People Eater Build Thread IMG_1021

Jeep Wrangler JL Opus' Purple People Eater Build Thread IMG_1019

More pics to come when I can get a sunny day. Dealer detailed the Jeep nicely and aired the tires down to 38psi, which I appreciated. They honored my original VON total from July as well as the trade-in value of the Renegade we traded in. The drive home was fantastic. So much more pick-up than the Renegade. Unfortunately, it was dark by the time I got it home so tomorrow will be some playing with features and settings and starting to install some of the interior mods I've been collecting.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Stubby antenna... engaged.
Quad Lock phone mount... mounted

So far the interior storage bits have all gone in to place as expected. I discovered that as it sits, the grab handles I purchased really aren't necessary. Getting in and out of the Jeep is pretty easy with the side steps and the handles already there.

For now, the rear seat will remain and just be folded up. That gives enough space in the back for what I need.

Last edited:

Jared1956

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon 1964 CJ3B 1967 CJ5
Love the color! My daughters middle name is Reign and I almost ordered one for that reason alone.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Love the color! My daughters middle name is Reign and I almost ordered one for that reason alone.
How strange. My son's middle name is Punk'n... :)

Sponsored

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
I woke up this morning and for the first time since July didn't automatically open my computer and check the pizza tracker. In fact, I've now said goodbye to all the trackers. This is going to take some adjustment. I'm taken back to my childhood, anticipating Christmas morning. Then, the morning finally arrives and once the initial excitement of opening the present fades, there's this odd transition. You go from that excitement to a sense of happiness and contentment.

It's here. So now I get to drive it around and do stuff to it and with it.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
So, I drove my Jeep to work today. I took back roads to avoid the highway since I'm still breaking it in. The highway I would normally take requires doing 70 at a minimum if you want to avoid being run over, so I'm going to give it a few more days of commuting before running it that hard.

I did follow the manual's suggestion of rolling up to 30 or 40 and then doing a few hard accelerations. Wow, this thing has some nice pick-up. :) Sooooo much peppier than the Renegade I'm used to.

I gotta say, also, that the Alpine radio sounds fantastic. The Renegade I had came with the Beats Audio upgrade in 2016, but this is so much more clear and powerful. I'm very glad I opted for the 500w system.

My only complaint thus far has to do with the tailgate. For some reason, it only latches about half the time. It's odd. I will close it the exact same way and one time it will latch with no problem. But the other time, it won't fully latch. I'm not sure why. I would say maybe the floor mat I put in back was catching it, but it did it before I put the mat in. Maybe it just needs to break in some, or maybe I'm just being too gentle with it?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
My wife suggested a personalized plate might be in order for the new Jeep. I had a hard time finding good ideas that were still available in my state. I wanted something that said "Jeep" but I didn't necessarily want something that said Reign so it could transfer to another non-purple Jeep at some point in the future. Obviously, my first choice "OIIIIIO" was taken, same with 0IIIII0 and other variations on that theme... but I finally found a variation that was still available... so I jumped on it. :) Second choice of available plates would have been 4XJeep...

Meanwhile, the forecast is for snow tomorrow... so I might be shifting into 4H sooner than I expected...

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Four inches of wet slushy salted snow yesterday. Ugh, what a mess. Today another dusting of snow and a refreeze that turned the roads into an ice rink. Didn't really need 4H but I shifted in to it for a bit just to see what it was like. Nothing like taking your new ride, with less than 100 miles on it, onto icy roads with a bunch of asshats who break traction as often as they break wind...

On the way home today I stopped by the (touchless) car wash. The soft top seemed to do just fine under both the high pressure spray and the hurricane wind blow dryer at the end and now it's clean again... until next time. Glad I've got an attached garage (albeit unheated) to allow the water to dry without freezing the soft top into a hard top... :)

Otherwise, I'm loving my commute thus far.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Opus

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
First week of commuting with the Wrangler and about 150 miles on it. It had 11 when I picked it up. Loving the power and the feel when the turbo kicks in. I've heard so many people complain about the sound of the 2.0L but that hasn't been an issue at all for me.

The ride is... bouncy on my commute but that's to be expected I think. I can recall our previous Wranglers rode the same way. If you want smooth, buy a Cadillac...

The stereo exceeds my expectations especially after getting some feedback on settings for the equalizer.

With a few days of inclement weather, I will say I do miss having automatic wipers. I liked the "set it and forget it" rain sensing wipers I had on the Renegade the same way I like the "Auto" setting for the headlights. It's not something I even considered when I placed my order. I thought at this point it was standard equipment. First world problems, I know, but having to adjust wiper speed manually seems so... 80s... :) NTTAWWT...

Speaking of headlights, having driven in a few evenings I'm fine so far with the halogen bulb. They seem to work perfectly well for the mostly urban driving I do.

The stubby antenna and interior storage mods are all working well. The Quad Lock phone holder fits perfectly on the side of the passenger dashboard grab handle. The screen protector I purchased was a bust, but that's my fault. I installed it in the garage under low light and didn't realize how horribly off center it was. That kind of thing drives me nuts, so I had to peel it off. I may order another and take more care with the installation.

Having driven the Jeep for a week I do see where a dead pedal will be a necessary add-on for a long road trip. I will try to install the one I have once I can get a little warmer weather to be able to work outside the garage. Inside is too dimly lit and too confined.
Sponsored

Last edited: