OMG this is excruciating!

caged

First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1949 CJ3a 90XJ 00XJ 97TJ 18JLR
i ordered mid july, just came in to the dealership on the 15th (October), but i live over 600kms away, and may not be able to go pick it up for another week or two. but my first payment is due on the 31st, whether i pick up my jeep or not. i haven't signed any papers yet either, just got the bill of sale emailed for me to sign and email back and have to sign the financing papers when i get there. insurance goes on it today.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zelena’s green

Zelena’s green

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara, Mojito green
I think most dealers work off ETA. So if you reached out to them and said, "Hello, just wanted to see if you had an ETA for my order." They would provide you an ETA on when Jeep is expected to deliver yours to the dealership. By all means, you can track its progress, but I'm not sure that I agree that the dealership should reach out to you every day letting you know where it is in every step of delivery process.

I get it...your excited to get your Jeep. I was in the same boat back in July/Aug. I tracked its progress every day. But the ETA my dealer gave me was 8/3 and it was delivered on 8/1. I didn't feel I should hound them every day since I could watch where it was in delivery. It's both a benefit and a curse to have Jeep Garage at your disposal. But again, you are just days now away from having a brand new Jeep....I don't think it's worth getting so worked up over.

Just my opinion.
See, this is where my dealer screwed up. My sales guy told me that because it arrived in Spokane on Saturday, that it would be on the lot and available for pick up on Monday! That is part of the reason I am hounding him we every day. If he doesn’t know that with certainty, he shouldn’t make that statement. And I didn’t expect him to contact me every day through the build, but I do feel that he should have been contacting me daily since Monday with updates. I see I wasn’t clear about that in my previous post.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
I totally get that. Honestly I am just shocked with as many trains come through this city every day, that it takes this long to get one train unloaded. If I took this long to do my job, people would die, but I am a nurse. Granted, very different profession. Just shocked. And I needed to vent.
Just because it takes time doesn’t mean they’re sitting around not doing anything all day at the rail yard. It’s a lot of work.

Also just FYI once unloaded many times they have to wait for a full truck of vehicles to be trucked to the dealer. It doesn’t leave the rail yard immediately. When mine arrived luckily it was a day to leave the yard. Other have seen theirs sit a few weeks after unloaded. Hope it’s quick for you!
Sponsored